Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Speed change NEVER works
JON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2009 09:42 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Speed change NEVER works

Using just one clip I have applied just one edit function (changed the clip speed to 5 or 8 times) (sound muted). I have then saved the “project” noting the time difference
(eg the original clip running at normal speed would be say 9 mins 45 secs; the speeded up clip would be 3 mins 15 secs). When returning to the project the next day
the clip does not run at the edited speed and the last 6 mins and 30 secs of the clip is missing. So inversely described – the clip runs at the normal speed (which it shouldn’t because its “been edited”) but the length of the clip remains at 3 mins 15 secs meaning that 6 mins of the clip is totally missing. I have tried this several times with different clips AND on a different PC with a different clip and the result is just the same. What am I missing here ?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JON -

I copied Dafydd's answer to a very similar question a little while back. Same question - same answer.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_en_AU.html

Please use the Search capability of this forum. The "speed" issue has been dealt with a long while back.

Apply the patch - link above.

Dafydd

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JON [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply but the link you gave just sends me to the "Update Software Page"

Jon
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jon,

What Tony is trying to tell you, is that the issue you have has been resolved.

You have not stated which version of PowerDirector you have, so Tony has assumed that you have PDR7, as this is the program this issue applied to. Download and install the patch for build 3017 which corrected the problem.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
JON [Avatar]
[Post New]
So does this mean there is an actual problem in the software and downloading this patch corrects it ?

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
That's right Jon -

What version do you have? Go to Director's Chair > Help > About CyberLink Power Director to confirm.

The patch download at that link resolved a known issue with a previous version.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JON [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found the patch download and then was asked to "run or save". This just shows what a newbie I am , but which do I choose ?
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JON,

Save it to your hard drive first then double click on it to apply the patch.

Cheers

Robert S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
JON [Avatar]
[Post New]
Robert

Thanks for that. First-Aid for software (apply "patch" to wound)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2009 06:07

JON [Avatar]
[Post New]
Downloaded patch 3017. But how do I "put the patch" into PD7 ?
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Make sure PD is closed and just double click the patch. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
JON [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks to everyone for your help . . . speed changes are now working. Now I have to get the audio track to record ! If you like Chopin then see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_leLiFqUQ

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2009 16:37

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Nice Video Jon,

My twins Alden and Olivia, 2 cats and 2 Golden Retievers enjoyed your performance. Oh yes, and I enjoyed it too!!
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jon,

By your questions it seems like your new to this. Have you looked at any of the video tutorials? They do a good job of going over the major features of PD7.

Have fun Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT