Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update: You can now get a fix by contacting support.

You need to work on your activation code. Both version 9 and 10 have failed to activate first try for me.

When I tried to upgrade to version 9, I had to go back and forth between different versions of 9 and 6 different keys that all failed until using a special version. All this took almost 2 weeks since the turnaround time was at least a day sometimes more.

And now version 10... One would have thought you had fixed the activation problems. But no.
I bought the online upgrade to 10. Installed it. Then the activation program runs and fails with some strange error code (I cant remember it). I try it again. Nope same strange code. Ok, so I reboot and try the activation again. Nope, now it thinks I have it already activated. I try again. Nope. So I contact support.

I was a bit pessimistic about how long that would take, two days is much better than compared to the last time.

Edit: This is issue is now fixed, you can get your fix if you have this problem by contacting support.
Yeah their activation code is out of whack. Feels like its the luck of the draw if it actually activates. Maybe you will have better luck installing with a later full version. Like the 1719 version they sent to me which did not work for me. Might work for you.
Are you running RTM (as opposed to beta or RC)?
And finally there was a version of PowerDVD that allowed me to activate.
They reverted the executable sent in the support answer to an older version of PowerDVD 9. Namely version 1501 (and that installed and activated ok on windows 7).
Ah, but the loop was not so infinite as I thought.
They reverted the executable sent in the support answer to an older version of PowerDVD 9. Namely version 1501 (and that installed and activated ok on windows 7).
So contacted support. They gave me a new program and key. Guess what?
Does not work.
See forum message "Activation key is incorrect"
It seems like an infinite loop with Cyberlink "Support". They keep sending me a new key and a download link to a an program install every time I tell them that the activation does not work.
And it does not activate after reinstalling. Before install you have to uninstall powerdvd (seems to work fine, leaves no trace in program menu and control panel) but also manually remove some Registry keys and then som filesystem directories and files as per instructions. Whatever, it just does not work.

There seems to be no reflection over the fact that I have already done this X amount of times. Just send new key. UGH!

Well, hoping I can get I refund, I am tired of this so-called support.

Well, note that I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (proper, not beta or RC).
You can get it now through technet or MSDN, or other MS partner deals.
Maybe cyberlink have only tried the code that does activation on beta and RC versions and something changed. If that is the problem then cyberlink will probably fix it when win7 is released to consumers. Against that cyberlink being developers themselves are probably running the most up to date version.
Yup, almost the same issue. And also an upgrade first that did not work.
Got new download and key. But...
"Your activation key is incorrect.
Please try again. (0x80ab000b) "
And trying again does not help (second day now, waiting for support answer).

Not sure what to do. I get "Unable to install the upgrade" despite the fact that I have an activated version 7 installed. I bought it from the same web
page that you get to if you press the upgrade button in version 7.

Also the upgrade path is almost painful. I have had to install just about every version from version 3 to version 7. Can't you improve that? How about I just supply the license keys? Version 3 barely installs on modern versions of Windows.
Go to: