Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 upgrade fails to detect PowerDVD7
[Post New]
Not sure what to do. I get "Unable to install the upgrade" despite the fact that I have an activated version 7 installed. I bought it from the same web
page that you get to if you press the upgrade button in version 7.

Also the upgrade path is almost painful. I have had to install just about every version from version 3 to version 7. Can't you improve that? How about I just supply the license keys? Version 3 barely installs on modern versions of Windows.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 05. 2009 17:28

[Post New]
So contacted support. They gave me a new program and key. Guess what?
Does not work.
See forum message "Activation key is incorrect"
[Post New]
And finally there was a version of PowerDVD that allowed me to activate.
They reverted the executable sent in the support answer to an older version of PowerDVD 9. Namely version 1501 (and that installed and activated ok on windows 7).
johnfv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2009 10:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problems. PDVD9 Upgrade I purchased won't install and remarkably UNsupportive support via email. Really frustrating, has to be one of the lamest install/activation schemes ever...