Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Noticed lately that when an mp4 clip is cut (anywhere in the clip) the firts few frames have random blocking artifacts inserted in the preview pane.

Deselecting "Enable hardware decoding" in preferences/hardware acceleration solves the issue.
Quote Hello all,
I finally went about trying the video collage feature, trying to use it for a music video and use 4-6 clips of different songs.
My impression is the module is under-developed.
A way to alter clip audio individually would be great, and some more robust frame animation within the playback.
Unless I am missing something, it just seems incomplete, a beta of what COULD be.
Sort of boring.

I agree. I tried it out last year after the update and quickly exited the feature. Way too simple and lacks smarts.
Thanks Tony. That's exactly the scenario.

Ditto on the motion timing option. It has a quirk as well:when you enter a new time selection the enter key must be used. Otherwise it resort's to the previous time selection. It is about time for this feature!
When a project has an intermix of videos and slideshows, CUSTOMIZING an exiting slideshow by increasing the time period of the overall slideshow sequence creates an erroneous overlap (insertion error) with the adjacent following clip. The correct action would be to move all items to the right keeping the integrity of the sequence.

The workaround is to temporarily move the slideshow to an open track, make the customizing changes and then re-insert the new longer slideshow. PD16 correrctly moves everything over to the right using this method.
The following quirks have appeared in PD16 - 2218 that were not present before in 2101 :

[olist]
  • When cutting a clip on the timeline sometimes (not all the time) after the cut is made the first few frames of the second half of the cut clip has severe distorted pixelating. Removing the cut and the problem disappears.

• Sometimes when cutting a clip the video and audio tracks seperate (un-link).

• After re-linking a video and audio track the audio track will not respond to manual adjustment of level on the timeline using the cntrl key and mouse.

• Frequently the audio track fails to display a graph on the timeline (an old problem from way back).

• Another OLD problem: Sometimes PD16 does not shut down properly and remains running in the background. The only way to kill it to restart it by using Windows Task manager ! Not a very polished method.

• Reverting back to 2101 FIXES some of the problems. Where is QC when you need it.
    Quote is it possible to have PD16 to sort the clips in the media pool by "date taken", if you are dealing with a huge number of clips from different cameras with different namin it is very hard to get the the clips in time order....

Other editor can do this ???

Thanks

No. PD cannot select which dates are used for sorting files. It's been an issue with users for several years but Cyberlink is ignoring our suggestions on this.
    Confirmation please: adjusting the audio level and fade rate manually on the timeline does not work.

The busy coders decided that it was time to confuse us all and change the way one can vary the audio vulome on a track by incorporating a new function for varing the volume using key frames activated by the Ctrl key. How wonderful.
    Please give us more detail on what type of files you are using and what it is that you are trying to achive with them.

1. Ensure that you are contacting the same web site that you purchased the app from. DigitalRiver is usually their sales outlet but yours may be different.

2. If you created a member account your software purchases are listed there as well.

Ditto. The number of improvements do not seem enough to warrant an upgrade. And as per my previous thread regarding video quailty being lower when compared to PD15 it's a thumbs down for now from this user.
    Did a short test (15 sec video) using mp4 and mov clips recorded at 1920x1080, 30 fps, 16 mbps rendering to a default mp4 video at 1920x1080, 30fps, 16 mbps (no hardware acceleration applied).

The good news : average rendering was 10 -15 % faster uxing PD16

The bad news : horizontal stuttering very noticeable on PD16 while PD15 was smoother

Anyone care to confirm ?
    Quote Hello,

I cannot figure out the reason why the .wav audio file is very quiet when I import them into PD15.

When I play them in Winamp or VLC media player they have a good recoring sound, but in PD15 almost none.

The audio is recored with Yeti Blue mic on WaveEditor.

Does anyone know the reason behind this?

Thanks

Perhaps you could provide us with a sample.
    Quote I am interested in upgrading to a newer version but I purchased all of the effects in the last version and want those available to the new version. Can I import those or just copy them from an effect directory? Will they work?

The previous effects are not removed by upgrading. They are made available to the new version.
    Quote In case anybody is having trouble with crc corrupt errors when trying to install the main program file or additional packs, try right-clicking and running .exe as administrator. Had a real headache with this problem today. Install files had eventually worked ok previously but the the same files causing errors upon unpacking. Administrator running has cured it.

smile

Edit:

Famous last words! All the other files installed fine except 2_CyberLink_PowerDirector_ContentPack_Essential_PCP160714-011

Have downloaded 7 times with this one and still getting crc error, even on a file that had worked previously. Never come accross this before so any help other than 'redownload again' would be much appreciated. Incidentely, several times the download shows as being interrupted? Is this a problem with the servers that host the files?

Update: Redownloaded and installed without admin rights this time, however windows smartscreen tries to prevent install saying the file is unsafe. Once past that it installed fine.

WIN 10 now chkecks the source of an app. If it's not listed in their library you will get that message. They are emulating apple and android in validating apps.

Does that account for the breaks in downloads several times though?

No it does not.
    Excellent for new users !
    Excellent for new users !
    Quote In case anybody is having trouble with crc corrupt errors when trying to install the main program file or additional packs, try right-clicking and running .exe as administrator. Had a real headache with this problem today. Install files had eventually worked ok previously but the the same files causing errors upon unpacking. Administrator running has cured it.

smile

Edit:

Famous last words! All the other files installed fine except 2_CyberLink_PowerDirector_ContentPack_Essential_PCP160714-011

Have downloaded 7 times with this one and still getting crc error, even on a file that had worked previously. Never come accross this before so any help other than 'redownload again' would be much appreciated. Incidentely, several times the download shows as being interrupted? Is this a problem with the servers that host the files?

Update: Redownloaded and installed without admin rights this time, however windows smartscreen tries to prevent install saying the file is unsafe. Once past that it installed fine.

WIN 10 now chkecks the source of an app. If it's not listed in their library you will get that message. They are emulating apple and android in validating apps.
    Quote Is there any way to perfectly stabilize a time lapse from a drone?

THe motion tracker has the logic, but is there a way to keep a target "centered"

The anti-shake dampes movement, but I want to lock the movement.

The best stabilizer is the "Enhanced" option in PD15.
    Quote I am working on video that was converted from 16mm (1950's - 60's) to VHS and (by me) to computer files. I have tried cleaning them up using the tools menu, but the end results, while still better than the original, are still annoyingly grainy. It would be nice to 'heal' the video and get better quality. I am an amature user, so any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have converted 8mm film which obviously is super grainy. The tools in PD that consistently helped to "polish" up the old footage were (in fix/enhance tab) Video Denoise, Video Enhancement, Video Stabilizer.

I should point out that in the conversion process I projected the 8mm colour film onto a projection screen which was being recorded on a camcorder in 1920x1080 HD mode. While grainy nearly everyone was able to recognized individuals 15-20 years younger.
    Quote Hello, i'm currently using PD11 and planning to upgrade, my question is about the custom bitrate settings for 720p, 1080p and 2160p. In PD11 720p can be reduced to 6MBps but in 1080p in cannot be reduced below the standard 13MBps (which really annoys me!) What are the options in PD15 and is it the same for all versions?

I frequently render to 1920x1080p at 3.5Kbits with PD15 and PD actually allows down to 3.0 K. Perhaps the trial version has it limited.
    Go to: