Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Collage seems a bit lacking
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,
I finally went about trying the video collage feature, trying to use it for a music video and use 4-6 clips of different songs.
My impression is the module is under-developed.
A way to alter clip audio individually would be great, and some more robust frame animation within the playback.
Unless I am missing something, it just seems incomplete, a beta of what COULD be.
Sort of boring. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello all,
I finally went about trying the video collage feature, trying to use it for a music video and use 4-6 clips of different songs.
My impression is the module is under-developed.
A way to alter clip audio individually would be great, and some more robust frame animation within the playback.
Unless I am missing something, it just seems incomplete, a beta of what COULD be.
Sort of boring.

I agree. I tried it out last year after the update and quickly exited the feature. Way too simple and lacks smarts. Win 10, i7
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps I will still find a way to use it. I will have to prep each clip prior to placing into the module. But even that will not give me additional motion in the frames that would really make it very cool. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I totally agree with your assessment. This feature is in its infancy. I did figure out a way to have motion in the collage designer at the beginning and the end, (example here) but it just illustrates the fact that the tool is not yet mature.