Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I find it incredible that this audio sync error has still not been addressed. The folks who unfortunately purchased PowerDirector v8 are running into the same problem that us v7 folks have experienced:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10203.page

As I said the above post, 90% of my time is being devoted to finding ways to avoid bugs in this buggy software. Only 10% is used for video editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkEn_Vk8G2Y
Hey Littledobby,
What you're experiencing in PowerDirector v8 sounds identical to what I'm experiencing in PowerDirector v7. This is an issue that CyberLink has known about for some time, but unfortunately they don't seem very efficient at diagnosing, fixing, and posting a software update for what I consider to be a critical bug, especially for video editing software.
I've been searching for bug-work-arounds for quite some time but have not had much success (see comments => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkEn_Vk8G2Y).
I use fade transition between my video clips and images and I suspect that transitions are the culprit, although I'm not certain. It appears that the video is being adjusted for the transition but the audio is not. You can visually see the audio sync error by viewing the SVRT Information, which places a color-coded representation about the video clips. Notice how clean the representation is early in the video. Then notice how it gets worse as the video progresses; gaps appear around the transitions and grow.
One option is to split the audio from video, but unfortunately this takes-up a track that could be used for something else. Plus, you have to manually fade in/out the audio since it's no longer attached to the video. I've also had only limited success resetting the speed of certain videos, which seems to lessen the audio/video gap slightly......in certain areas.....sometimes. I'm still trying to figure-out how to manipulate this already buggy software to get it to do the most basic video editing tasks. In a nutshell, 90% of my time has been dealing with bugs, while 10% is used for actual video editing.
If you happen to find any other work-arounds, Littledobby, please let me know. Best of luck!
John
CyberLink PowerDirector is very buggy software, and the audio-out-of-sync bug is just one of many that I and others have come across. The sync error starts early in the video and slowly gets worse as the video progresses.

One way to put a temporary band-aid on this is to split the audio from the video. What I don't like about this, however, is that it takes-up a spot on the audio track that could otherwise be used for something else. Additionally, if you have fade transitions between clips, you have to manually fade in/out the split audio since it's no longer linked to the video. This is a very time-consuming process whereby you will end-up spending far more time working around bugs than editing videos.

This is a problem that CyberLink has known about for a while now. Although, we have yet to see any software updates addressing this critical bug.
I'm also running into the same problem in PD7. For me, the audio/video sync error seems to get more out of sync as the video progresses. It's very apparent in my 10-minute video. As a matter of fact, if I grab a new video clip from the "Media Room" tab and insert it into a point on the timeline where there's already a sync error, the newly inserted video clip will inherit this sync error. This happens without me having to split or shorten the newly inserted video clip. So it seems that changes to video clips made earlier in a timeline cause a domino-effect of increasingly worse sync errors further down the timeline.

I'm using PD7 7.0.3017.

Sample video can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkEn_Vk8G2Y

The video clip in the above link appears exactly the same way as it does in the PD7 "Edit" tab (in other words the error is not caused by YouTube). There is no noticeable A/V sync error at 0:45. The sync error becomes obvious around 1:58. In between these two points on the timeline are still photos each containing a "zoom" effect and a "fade" transition. The video clips themselves have been trimmed and a "fade" effect has been added between the trimmed clips.

Notice additional A/V sync errors at 3:25, 3:55 (notice hand claps), 5:25, and 7:05.

It would be really nice if this bug was addressed in the next bugfix release.

Thanks!
Go to: