Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio out of sync
Littledobby [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2010 10:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Dafydd

Yes, I have applied 'fade' between images and video clips

I have attached a screen shot as requested.

It's strange, the problem seems to get worse the further along the timeline you get, and even if I try to reduce the volume at the begining if the clip it still starts 1 ro 2 images before the clip starts.

Regards
Mike
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike,
I cant see the screenshot. Make sure it's less than 100kb. Please try again. You can attach 3 images.

I'd like to know what the video clips are - source and extension.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 14. 2010 12:31

Raymond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2010 16:08 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike,

I'm a new user too. I had a similar problem with Audio going out of sync. I managed to get round it by moving the voice track backwards and forwards until I got it close enough that it wasn't noticable.

In my opinion it would make a lot of sense for the software to lock the master audio track to the video by default and all changes should effectively be treated as overdubs or insertions (where a gap is inserted in both the video and master track to accomodate the infill). As far as I can see PD8 doesn't do this and as soon as you start to do stuff to the audio track keeping stuff in sync goes out of the window.My project was quite small but for larger projects I can imagine this being practically unusable.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Raymond,
Your issue in not the same as Mike's as far as I'm aware. Your post here is not related to the same issue.

Video and audio are locked together, they can be separated in media library or in the video track however the only real cause for actual video lip sync loss is analogue footage, frame droppage - I could explain more but not here.

Mike's problem, it is likely caused by the application of an effect or enhancement. The display of an image and annotated to where the issue starts will help resolve the problem. The type of footage is important to know.

In your case, you appear concerned with the audio track and positioning. If you wish to discuss your issue then please start a new topic and not under this heading. Timelines can be locked etc.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2010 08:09

Littledobby [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
Lets try again, I have attached 3 .gif files the first is my system details the other two are screen shots of CL8.

The camera used was a Kodak Easyshare C190 and the video is in .MOV format.

I hope this helps, please advise if you need more.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
ummm.

Please look up: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/9621.page#45200

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Littledobby [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
Sorry, forgot to check the file size. These new ones should be fine.

Regards
Mike
[Thumb - Capture-1.jpg]
 Filename
Capture-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
146 time(s)
[Thumb - System.jpg]
 Filename
System.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
157 time(s)
[Thumb - Capture-2.jpg]
 Filename
Capture-2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
145 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2010 12:58

JOHN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2009 12:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Littledobby,
What you're experiencing in PowerDirector v8 sounds identical to what I'm experiencing in PowerDirector v7. This is an issue that CyberLink has known about for some time, but unfortunately they don't seem very efficient at diagnosing, fixing, and posting a software update for what I consider to be a critical bug, especially for video editing software.
I've been searching for bug-work-arounds for quite some time but have not had much success (see comments => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkEn_Vk8G2Y).
I use fade transition between my video clips and images and I suspect that transitions are the culprit, although I'm not certain. It appears that the video is being adjusted for the transition but the audio is not. You can visually see the audio sync error by viewing the SVRT Information, which places a color-coded representation about the video clips. Notice how clean the representation is early in the video. Then notice how it gets worse as the video progresses; gaps appear around the transitions and grow.
One option is to split the audio from video, but unfortunately this takes-up a track that could be used for something else. Plus, you have to manually fade in/out the audio since it's no longer attached to the video. I've also had only limited success resetting the speed of certain videos, which seems to lessen the audio/video gap slightly......in certain areas.....sometimes. I'm still trying to figure-out how to manipulate this already buggy software to get it to do the most basic video editing tasks. In a nutshell, 90% of my time has been dealing with bugs, while 10% is used for actual video editing.
If you happen to find any other work-arounds, Littledobby, please let me know. Best of luck!
John
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I see Kevin has posted a response in another thread on the same issue. Whilst I have no wish to be controversial, nor do I doubt the existence of the issue as reported, the lack of specific data, system specs, file formats, output etc relegates your issue to an opinion.

Patently, it does not affect everyone, and, like Kevin, I can say that I have never had the problem so the issue has some specificity - maybe to your system, your software combination, or whatever, and so without any other information it really is difficult for anyone to offer anything constructive to help.

I have read your previous posts but none really shed any light on your issue other than they are reports of what has happened.

I suppose I'm really saying that whilst I acknowledge your opinion, and would like to help, just generally lambasting CL for an issue that may only affect a few (whatever that number may be) won't change anything.

I have no allegiance to CL and have reported many issues through different channels but I hope always in a factual and methodical way that may allow engineers/designers to replicate and then address the issue. Sometimes they are addressed and sometimes not - that's commercial life I'm afraid, irritating though it might be.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Raymond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2010 16:08 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
For me this issue boils down to:

Does CL by default lock the master audio to the video so that it is always in sync...? I my experience it most definitely does not.

Is this "feature" of CL a pain in the rear end and should be sorted out because it's really stupid... yes.

In the mean time don't do anything too complicated and live with it... i have

R.

elbraddo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2010 11:10 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
possible fix - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHTCBdUVD8k

I'm having similar issue - as reported in thread below...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10848.page
PD8, Build 2704.
i7 860 2.8 Ghz, 4G RAM,
Palit brand 9800GT GPU
Win7 - 64bit.
Camera: Panasonic HDC-TM10 - outputs mts files.