Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio out of sync
Patrick36 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2010 01:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I use Power Director 7 to make family holiday movies.
My present masterpiece has a 1 to 2 second voice delay throughout all the assembled video clips.
The clips are from a Panasonic 3CCD mini tape camcorder (4 years old) and a Panasonic Lumix digital camera, with AVCHD lite video (6 months old)
Out of the 12 or so videos i have made, this is the second one that is out of sync. I use mostly fade transitions and very few effects.
The computer is a HP with extra capacity used soley for video editing, and not connected to the internet.
Hoping for a solution before I put the movie onto a DVD.
Thanks. PS. this is my first go at a forum, hope it works!!
danny [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2010 13:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I use Power Director 7 to make family holiday movies.
My present masterpiece has a 1 to 2 second voice delay throughout all the assembled video clips.
The clips are from a Panasonic 3CCD mini tape camcorder (4 years old) and a Panasonic Lumix digital camera, with AVCHD lite video (6 months old)
Out of the 12 or so videos i have made, this is the second one that is out of sync. I use mostly fade transitions and very few effects.
The computer is a HP with extra capacity used soley for video editing, and not connected to the internet.
Hoping for a solution before I put the movie onto a DVD.
Thanks. PS. this is my first go at a forum, hope it works!!
JOHN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2009 12:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink PowerDirector is very buggy software, and the audio-out-of-sync bug is just one of many that I and others have come across. The sync error starts early in the video and slowly gets worse as the video progresses.

One way to put a temporary band-aid on this is to split the audio from the video. What I don't like about this, however, is that it takes-up a spot on the audio track that could otherwise be used for something else. Additionally, if you have fade transitions between clips, you have to manually fade in/out the split audio since it's no longer linked to the video. This is a very time-consuming process whereby you will end-up spending far more time working around bugs than editing videos.

This is a problem that CyberLink has known about for a while now. Although, we have yet to see any software updates addressing this critical bug.