Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am new to Powerdirector and switched from OpenShot because of strange issues I had with it. I started my first project in PowerDirector and added a video file (mkv) to track one. When I play back the preview the video motion hangs about every 10 seconds but the audio sounds okay. I thought it was just the preview so I produced the video and opened it up in the media player and still shows the same results.

I imported the same video into Openshot and it works fine.

I checked the resources on my pc nothing is maxed out during preview or playing the produced video.
Quote What happens if you drag one of the sample skateboarding video clips to the timeline. Are you able to hear the music when you preview it?

I got it to work. I had to close my program and kill it in the task manager because it wouldn't restart. Once, I restarted I was able to hear it.

Thanks for the help.
I am a new user to Powerdirector I am trying to create my first video. When I add an mp3 audio track, I can't hear it in the preview playback. I verified the track is not muted and in real-time. Also, the audio is set to 100% in the preview and I have the correct output to my pc speakers. If I skip around the timeline, I can hear a short audio sound but during the playback there is nothing. I also tried a wav file with the same results. Any suggestions?

I did watch some YouTube videos and I don't have the little box that you can check but instead, I have an eye.
Go to: