Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No audio on preview
Winterhaven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2023 13:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am a new user to Powerdirector I am trying to create my first video. When I add an mp3 audio track, I can't hear it in the preview playback. I verified the track is not muted and in real-time. Also, the audio is set to 100% in the preview and I have the correct output to my pc speakers. If I skip around the timeline, I can hear a short audio sound but during the playback there is nothing. I also tried a wav file with the same results. Any suggestions?

I did watch some YouTube videos and I don't have the little box that you can check but instead, I have an eye.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
What happens if you drag one of the sample skateboarding video clips to the timeline. Are you able to hear the music when you preview it?
Winterhaven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2023 13:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What happens if you drag one of the sample skateboarding video clips to the timeline. Are you able to hear the music when you preview it?

I got it to work. I had to close my program and kill it in the task manager because it wouldn't restart. Once, I restarted I was able to hear it.

Thanks for the help.