Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've run into a common problem (as I've read on the forum postings) I add music during the editing phase but it's not there when I produce it. My reading tells me to download a Patch (DIEGO.dll) I've found the patch and saved it but I can't open it. It says to "unzip" it. What do I use ? I'm in a real bind as I need to have this project finished this weekend (June 1st 2007) for a major soccer tournament that starts on the 3rd. Any helpers out there ? (I never used to have this problem. Why all of a sudden ?)

Dave
While attempting to transfer some old VHS home video tapes as well as TV clips that I've collected over the years, I've noticed that the video signal will be nice and bright then suddenly go very dark then slowly return to a nice bright level.(audio is unaffected) It does not do this with my DV transfers, just from VHS tapes. I realize that if one were to attempt to copy Macrovison encoded tapes that this is to be expected but why home made tapes ? Some of these VHS tapes are copies made from 8mm video and Hi8 video transfers, some are not. Can anyone explain this phenomenon and how/if it can be eliminated ?

Dave Babbitt
OK.....I've just about had it ! I've updated to PD 5 Premium, I've been supplied with the "latest build" by Tech Support, I've deleted the program re-loaded several times. I've re-started my project several times, deleted my Nero program as instructed, contacted Tech Support 5 billion times, had some well intended help from Dafydd Bevan and I'm exasperated !!!! These error codes.... are they top secret or just a bunch of gobbldygook that the average layperson couldn't understand ? I've supplied the Tech's with error codes that I get but no one ever explains what they mean in plain English. My latest "error code" when the burning fails is
e0ff002f I get to the burning project phase, it goes through the "creating motion thumbnails" phase and just as it gets to the 50% burning phase, the background flashes black a few times then BOOM ! "Burning Failure". I'm tempted to try and borrow someone's external DVD burner and see if I have any better luck. Should I have my computer taken somewhere and have something checked over ? HELP ME PLEASE !!!! I"M ABOUT TO DESTROY THIS COMPUTER ! This editing thing was fun for the first 6 months but it's been hell ever since.

Dave Babbitt
Problems, problems, problems. Won't go into them all but the latest one is.... Just re-installed PD5 (for about the 8th time) Project is produced (rendered ?) and when I click on "Create Disc", I get some message like "Sorry, an error has been encountered and the program must shut down". The problem as I recall is with a PDR.exe file. Can someone walk me through a complete uninstall. I'm not very good with computer lingo. My limited knowledge is suggesting to me that I'm not getting everything off before I re-install. Here is what I got from a Cyberlink Tech:

Start--> Run--> Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall Power Director

next...

Start --> Run--> type "regedit"--> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> "Software"--> click "Cyberlink"--> Delete folder "Power Director"

next...

Start--> Run--> type "regedit"--> click "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" --> click "Software"--> Delete the folder "Power Director (which I can't see)

Should I be taking this computer somewhere to have it looked at ?

DB
O how I loved this program at first....Now I've got about 75 coasters that I don't need and hours of frustration !!! First of all, understand I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to understanding computer technical language. The techs at Cyberlink have had me install two patches, each one creating another problem. Most recently, they were kind enough to send me a free dowload of the most recent "build" (in their lingo) of PD5. My problems continue. I've spent copious quantities of time on a production from my summer holidays and every time I go to burn the project, it goes through the "Creating Motion Menus" phase and "Creating Titles" phase then right at the 50% completion mark it goes to "Burning Disc" the background flashes black a few times, and BINGO !!!! Burning Failure..... error code e0ff002f (can never tell if those are letter O's or zero's by the way) The techs never give me a clue what the error code indicates just several things to try. By the way, I've uninstalled my Nero program that I use for audio burning as instructed. (now I keep installing it and uninstalling it every time I want to make an audio CD. What a drag !) I've got over 100 hours of video of my kids growing up that I want to put on DVD and I'm so frustrated that I can't get going on these projects. Help in laymans terms is greatly appreciated.

Dave
Go to: