Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning Failures
Babbitt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2006 15:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
OK.....I've just about had it ! I've updated to PD 5 Premium, I've been supplied with the "latest build" by Tech Support, I've deleted the program re-loaded several times. I've re-started my project several times, deleted my Nero program as instructed, contacted Tech Support 5 billion times, had some well intended help from Dafydd Bevan and I'm exasperated !!!! These error codes.... are they top secret or just a bunch of gobbldygook that the average layperson couldn't understand ? I've supplied the Tech's with error codes that I get but no one ever explains what they mean in plain English. My latest "error code" when the burning fails is
e0ff002f I get to the burning project phase, it goes through the "creating motion thumbnails" phase and just as it gets to the 50% burning phase, the background flashes black a few times then BOOM ! "Burning Failure". I'm tempted to try and borrow someone's external DVD burner and see if I have any better luck. Should I have my computer taken somewhere and have something checked over ? HELP ME PLEASE !!!! I"M ABOUT TO DESTROY THIS COMPUTER ! This editing thing was fun for the first 6 months but it's been hell ever since.

Dave Babbitt
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: OK.....I've just about had it ! I've updated to PD 5 Premium, I've been supplied with the "latest build" by Tech Support, I've deleted the program re-loaded several times. I've re-started my project several times, deleted my Nero program as instructed, contacted Tech Support 5 billion times, had some well intended help from Dafydd Bevan and I'm exasperated !!!! These error codes.... are they top secret or just a bunch of gobbldygook that the average layperson couldn't understand ? I've supplied the Tech's with error codes that I get but no one ever explains what they mean in plain English. My latest "error code" when the burning fails is
e0ff002f I get to the burning project phase, it goes through the "creating motion thumbnails" phase and just as it gets to the 50% burning phase, the background flashes black a few times then BOOM ! "Burning Failure". I'm tempted to try and borrow someone's external DVD burner and see if I have any better luck. Should I have my computer taken somewhere and have something checked over ? HELP ME PLEASE !!!! I"M ABOUT TO DESTROY THIS COMPUTER ! This editing thing was fun for the first 6 months but it's been hell ever since.

Dave Babbitt

Hi Dave,

Okay...go off in the snow for a while and scream...you've my permission....no hair pulling though. Computers tend to make one a bit bald!

I haven't a clue on the system messages...save the one that say..."your system is futt 123456789 bang". Okay I make light of your problem.

1. Create an Mpeg file (DVD HQ) of your work.
Have you done that?
2. Did you de-fragment your drive(s)
3. Did you use short names?
4. Did you Burn to your hard drive - instead of direct to a disc . Please note that you are more likely to have a problem with a large file if you expect the CPU to render and to write to disc - both process are likely to cause a problem.
5. Did you split your project into smaller groups.
5-1 you can easily do this by opening a saved pds file (keep this one safe) and then deleting large sections and creating a number of mpeg (DVD HQ) files.
6. remember you can bring into the timeline a number of Mpeg, avi wmv etc files and merge them
7. have you made sure DirectX9 was uptodate?

Give some of those a go and come back.
Provide your Tech Support reference number and I can get you additional support.

You mentioned taking your computer to someone - sure... Get them to wipe your hard drive and go for a clean installation...it will mean you loose everything!

You have my email address.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 12. 2006 08:09