Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi James & Tony,

Sorry haven't had a chance to say thank you to you both for your help with my USB problem, now I can clear some stufff of my hard drive and have all my PD project somewhere safe.

Nathalie
What would I do without you guys!
I have now my project back THANK YOU SO MUCH.
And No I was trying to open the BAK file just as it was which obvioulsy wasn't getting me anywhere! Now I know... change it to .PDS

I do have another question (probably stupid) but different subject, if I put my project + files on a USB key and try to open it on another laptop which has PD I can never reopen it! Would you know why?

Once again thanks a lot for your help.
Nathalie
Hi everyone,

I am now back with another problem. Now working on a 2nd project, have just finished it and wanted to add the music.
Everything is saved on an external hard drive, went and added a music file to the hard drive to then import it in my PD project and now I get File Broken and nothing else... Have BAK copy but can't seem to open that either.
I have read some of the answers and now know that I should "Save as" in future and just number each update...
Having search in the previous post I don't seem to find a solution, any suggestions or shall I just start all over again.

Any help greatly apprciated.

Nathalie
Thanks everyone for your input, greatly appreciated. Will convert the MP3 and see how it goes.
Nathalie
Hi Robert & Dafydd,

Thank you both for your replies, I imported small amount of photos at a time and then added to it, it was all going fine until I imported a MP3 file so maybe that caused a problem but still don't understand why it still happened once I removed it.
Am about to go back and see if I can open it and work on it, I will as well un-install and reinstall PD so I will let you know how I get on.

Dafydd - sorry probably very obvious answer but I like the idea of having sevral projects and put them all together at the end but how do I do it? Do I just go to import folder and import oll the created projects into a new one?

Nathalie
I am new to PD7 and I am having a bad time, I have been working on my first project for the last 2 days. I have imported around 250 photos, no video as all, all JPEG's. Having worked quite a lot on my project yesterday it suddebly all went wrong! For over 5 hours I couldn't do anything at all. I kept getting PD has stopped working and Windows will look into the problem then I loose everything. I had put music and magic motions, have now managed to removed them but still no joy, sometimes I can't even open my project.
I have a new laptop (5 months) hardly used so nothing on my C drive and it's running on Vista.
Do you have any suggestions? I can see from the various forums that it looks like a recurrent problem but what can I do?
I haven't even got to the producing or burning stages yet, still trying to put transitions and slide shows in place.

Thank you for any help.
Nathalie
Go to: