Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I updated to Winoows 11 22H2 and screen recorder 4 started recording blank video.
I reverted to my image of Windows 11 21H2 where it worked before and updated windows.
Screen recorder no longer works in previous version 21H2.
It records the computer screen but as soon as a video appears the screen goes black.
My recoding tests were on Amazon Prime streaming.
Sound is working, but video is blank.
Any assistance appreciated

-------

WHOOPS! - I created a posting for a (possibly similar) SR-problem a few minutes ago. I had not noticed your own post of a black-screen problem in Win11. If you read my recent post, there may be a workaround for you. Or --- possibly --- that info may trigger a similar solution for you?

BASICALLY - start recording FIRST. Then, open a web-site with streaming video and drag it into the recording-area. (see my post for more details)

I assume that you have not yet resolved your black-screen problem. If you have more info to add, please share it.
I've successfully used SCREEN RECORDER on my old Win7 PC for many years. That PC used a GeForce GTX 745 graphics card to connect to three monitors... actually smart-TVs. That PC was replaced with a newer much-faster Win11 PC. I installed the same graphics card, monitors, and cables. I also re-installed P15... including SR2 which experienced several problems in video-capturing.

When using the new Win11 system to record the screen of one of my monitors, the output-file would typically have audio but the VIDEO was black. Strangely, the CLOSED-CAPTIONING would sometimes be present and readable. I tried all sorts of parameter-adjustments but nothing worked. I have a suspicion that this problem was PARTLY caused by the unique monitor-handling protocols in Win11... maybe FULLY caused? And of course my multi-monitor configuration may also complicate the situation.
(well... please share any thoughts on that topic)

THE WORK-AROUND -----

After a lot of effort I seem to have an awkward workaound. First, I open SR on "monitor 3" --- assigned as my MAIN monitor. Then the SR is adjusted to record from a SECONDARY monitor --- "monitor-1" in my case. Then I use the mouse to create a large recording area on monitor-1. I then click the red button to start recording. It seems necessary to do that BEFORE receiving any streaming video.

I then use monitor-3 to visit a website containing videos and select one for streaming. After streaming begins, I drag that video window onto monitor-2 --- resizing it as necessary. YES --- drag to monitor-TWO !!! This technique is cumbersome but seems to actually allow video-capture. (of course, there will be extraneous stuff at the start of the video but that can be removed by editting)

So, this essay has two components...............

1) if anyone has a better solution or explanation for these SR quirks, please share it

2) if anyone is experiencing a similar SR problem, perhaps my "work-around" may be useful
Go to: