Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder recording blank video with lates Windows 11 updates
wiseolowl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2021 22:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I updated to Winoows 11 22H2 and screen recorder 4 started recording blank video.
I reverted to my image of Windows 11 21H2 where it worked before and updated windows.
Screen recorder no longer works in previous version 21H2.
It records the computer screen but as soon as a video appears the screen goes black.
My recoding tests were on Amazon Prime streaming.
Sound is working, but video is blank.
Any assistance appreciated
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Streaming services such as Amazon Prime, Disney+, Netflix etc. have their own DRM protection that prevents screen recording in web browsers. If it worked before, it sounds like the Windows 11 or a driver update removed it, as the DRM protection is in Windows from what I understand. Web browsers need to support DRM and co-work with Windows to implement DRM protection.

Screen Recorder has no control over this.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
MelTX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2009 21:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I updated to Winoows 11 22H2 and screen recorder 4 started recording blank video.
I reverted to my image of Windows 11 21H2 where it worked before and updated windows.
Screen recorder no longer works in previous version 21H2.
It records the computer screen but as soon as a video appears the screen goes black.
My recoding tests were on Amazon Prime streaming.
Sound is working, but video is blank.
Any assistance appreciated

-------

WHOOPS! - I created a posting for a (possibly similar) SR-problem a few minutes ago. I had not noticed your own post of a black-screen problem in Win11. If you read my recent post, there may be a workaround for you. Or --- possibly --- that info may trigger a similar solution for you?

BASICALLY - start recording FIRST. Then, open a web-site with streaming video and drag it into the recording-area. (see my post for more details)

I assume that you have not yet resolved your black-screen problem. If you have more info to add, please share it.