Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello,

I will be creating my first DVD using PowerDirector 21 and would like it to be successful the first time around. My previous video editing software program was a nightmare, for whatever reason, when it came to burning the project to disk it would not work. For that reason I purchased PowerDirector and have been extremely pleased with the program.

To help you understand the projects I am making I'll try and explain what I have been doing. In order to keep the project as simple as possible I have created smaller videos with jpeg images and video clips. I will then use these videos to create the larger project.

I have watched several videos on creating a disk with PowerDirector and have been left with a few questions.
  • In these tutorials they were using Mpeg4 formats. Does this provide the best result when burning to disk or will other formats also provide the best quality finished product?
  • In the create disk stage the thumbnails in the menus of these tutorials were round with soft edging. The thumbnails in mine show as rectangular with hard edging. Is there a way to ulter the shape of the thumbnails?

I appreciate your help with these questions

Thanks for the guidance. It's going to take a lot of practice and patience to learn all the new things in PD compared to the old program I used. Overall I am thrilled with the options of PD and know that I have only scratched the surface of its capabilities.

One big plus is the ability to crop an image to whatever size is desired ! Now I wont have to do that in a separate photo editing program.

Thanks for a great program.
Dear Forum,

I am using Power Director Ultra 21 to create family videos containing video clips and still images. The previous software program that I used had the ability to move more than one still image on and off the screen at the same time. I should be able to do the same with PD but I can't find any tutorial or information on how to do this. It should be a simple process, I just can't seem to locate the proper tool for the job.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

I don't like to embed into any PD auto read area as you never know when CL may decide to purge or remove an area on an update or new version. Several approaches, one option is to simply create the 3 folders on your hard drive and manage yourself. You then import this folder (make sure pref option is selected to maintain folder structure) and save this project as say "starter.pds". When you launch PD and start a new project, use this saved file as the starter project prior to saving as a new name and you have all your content available in folders in the media library for easy access. Pic attached.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

The warning about future updates is something to think about. I do have these three items saved on my computer and backed up to external drive. We must be thinking along the same lines as I have already inserted and saved as a basic starter project.

Lots to learn in a new program and I am excited to work on my first project with Power Director.

Amma
Hello Forum,

I am in the process of changing from one video creating software to another. The new program being PowerDirector 21 Ultra. In the former program I was able to create separate folders to house backgrounds and images that I created and sound effects so that they would be available for use when working on video projects. It is very convenient to have the backgrounds and images available within the software program and not need to go hunt for them to insert per usage.

Is there some area(s) in Power Director that will allow for me to save these backgrounds, images, sound effects ?

Thanks so much.

Looking forward to start creating with Power Director
This is exactly what I needed. Thank you for your detailed reply. I hope it will help others looking to purchase a video creating software program.
Hello,

I hope someone will be able to take a few minutes to answer some basic questions about PowerDirector.

I have been using another software product very similiar to PowerDirector but have been having issues with a satisfactory finished product. It has come to the point that I'm looking to replace the program.

Would someone please tell me if PowerDirector will create a finished video viewable on a television via a USB and DVD. That is the biggest issue I have with the current program. The finished product has a lot of graininess and wavy aspects while viewing.

Another question is concerning usage of sticker images. Currently I am able to use a photo editing software program to remove unwanted background from a photograph. This is then saved as a png file and can be inserted into the video creating program. It acts as a sticker with the removed area invisible. In other words, I can remove the background from a flower and place it into the video with just the flower showing.

The videos I create are made with still images and video clips. Other than the png files these videos are created using images and video clips taken with cell phones. The videos are enjoyed by my family and anxiously looked forward to.

Any additional information thay you feel would be helpful in making the decision to purchase PowerDirector would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Go to: