Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to save custom backgrounds, images, sound effeccts
Amma [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2022 10:03 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Forum,

I am in the process of changing from one video creating software to another. The new program being PowerDirector 21 Ultra. In the former program I was able to create separate folders to house backgrounds and images that I created and sound effects so that they would be available for use when working on video projects. It is very convenient to have the backgrounds and images available within the software program and not need to go hunt for them to insert per usage.

Is there some area(s) in Power Director that will allow for me to save these backgrounds, images, sound effects ?

Thanks so much.

Looking forward to start creating with Power Director
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Forum,

I am in the process of changing from one video creating software to another. The new program being PowerDirector 21 Ultra. In the former program I was able to create separate folders to house backgrounds and images that I created and sound effects so that they would be available for use when working on video projects. It is very convenient to have the backgrounds and images available within the software program and not need to go hunt for them to insert per usage.

Is there some area(s) in Power Director that will allow for me to save these backgrounds, images, sound effects ?

Thanks so much.

Looking forward to start creating with Power Director

I don't like to embed into any PD auto read area as you never know when CL may decide to purge or remove an area on an update or new version. Several approaches, one option is to simply create the 3 folders on your hard drive and manage yourself. You then import this folder (make sure pref option is selected to maintain folder structure) and save this project as say "starter.pds". When you launch PD and start a new project, use this saved file as the starter project prior to saving as a new name and you have all your content available in folders in the media library for easy access. Pic attached.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD21_Folders.png]
 Filename
PD21_Folders.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
Amma [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2022 10:03 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]

I don't like to embed into any PD auto read area as you never know when CL may decide to purge or remove an area on an update or new version. Several approaches, one option is to simply create the 3 folders on your hard drive and manage yourself. You then import this folder (make sure pref option is selected to maintain folder structure) and save this project as say "starter.pds". When you launch PD and start a new project, use this saved file as the starter project prior to saving as a new name and you have all your content available in folders in the media library for easy access. Pic attached.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

The warning about future updates is something to think about. I do have these three items saved on my computer and backed up to external drive. We must be thinking along the same lines as I have already inserted and saved as a basic starter project.

Lots to learn in a new program and I am excited to work on my first project with Power Director.

Amma