Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Can't even hit X to close program.

re-installed with no luck.

Any ideas?

Eric

Hi, was this ever resolved? If so, what is the solution? I'm having the same problem. Any help is appeciated!
Best,
-Mike
Has anyone had any luck importing Waves plugins into AudioDirector 12? I get sort of a generic error message with a long list of possible reasons why they can't be loaded.
Quote PIX answered before I could

No worries! I'm sure I'll come up with more potentially embarrissing newbie questions to keep y'all busy tongue-out
For example, how can I update my ancient 2009 forum profile? I don't see anything to edit that on my profile page.
Thanks! I probably would (kick myself), were it not for the fact that the "text color" box itself was black, therefore pretty much invisible against the black UI... lol!
Hello all...I'm new to PhotoDirector 365, but not new to image editing in general. So I added an "express template" to a photo I'm working on. I them added a text layer and had no problem adjusting most of the desired properties such as shadow outline, etc.... However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the font color itself..It is currently black which I assume is the default. Seems crazy! What am I missing? Can someone please explain the process or provide a link for instructions? TIA!
Check out the freeware ASIO4ALL low latency WDM driver project here:

http://www.asio4all.com/

And tutorial here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYh9H8gKLTo

Haven't used this yet but it looks interesting!
I too have a Yeti but haven't had an opportunity to use it with AD. When I have a bit more time I'll experiment with it and post the results.
Well, I did a bit of research, looking at discussions from various forums where users were reporting an executable process would hang after an application had been closed. One of the more common theories was that such an issue might be attributed to unrelated background processes that happened to be running during a software installation. A minor conflict could interfere with the installation process causing some errors. In any case, during the re-installation I made sure that non-essential background processes were closed and it seemed to resolve the issue. So nothing definitive, but a possible fix if others run into a similar problem.
Just reporting back to say uninstalling and reinstalling the software seems to have fixed the problem. Both processes now close immediately when I exit PD4.
Thanks for the feedback. The "PhotoDirectorCDP4.exe" process does close as expected when I exit PD4. However "PhotoDirector4.exe *32" continues running until I kill it manually in task manager. In fact it has to be manually closed in order to relaunch PD4. If not, the computer thinks the program is already running and won't relaunch as that would open a 2nd instance. Anyway, I doubt that it is searching for data. I dunno... guess we'll see if anything changes when I install the registered version. BTW, looking at the preferences menu I didn't see anything that might relate to this unless I missed something.
I ordered the full CD-Rom version of PhotoDirector 4 but while waiting for it's arrival I'm using the 30 day trial. I ran task manager yesterday and noticed that the process PhotoDirector4.exe *32 continues to run in the background (using about 175,000K of memory) after closing the program. I'm just wondering if that's normal and if so, what purpose it serves. I guess it's not a huge problem but whenever possible I like to keep background processes to a minimum unless they needed. Any comments appreciated!
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response. In this case I don't think the problem is specific a particular track or library of tracks. I actually have the contents of 8 smartsound discs in my library along with the freebies and the odd behaviour is the same either way. But as you say, the smartsound tracks DO come through in a project wether they can be heard or not in preview. Earlier today I uninstalled/reinstalled the the smartsound software and database app so we'll see if that helps.

Thanks,
-Mike
Hi,

I'm experiencing an unusual problem with SmartSound in PD11. I have no problems whatsoever as far as adding and adjusting a smartsound track to my timeline however sometimes when I preview my project in "movie" mode the track is not heard. It seems to be somewhat random, i.e.; track plays as expected in first preview but might not be heard in a subsequent preview. Oddly, in either case the track does "take" when I burn or share the project.

I contacted SmartSound support and they suggested that the problem is most likely on the PD side since once the track has been added to the timeline the SmartSound plugin has done it's job. They also suggested that I reinstall the SmartSound software which I did. It seemed to fix the issue temporarily (during the first editing session after reinstalling) but on subsequent launches of PD11 the problem is as before.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this and was wondering if anyone has a suggestion. Just FYI, I'm generally knowledgeable of SmartSound having used it for quite a long time in Corel and Roxio. Thanks!

-Michael
Got it! Thanks for the helpful screenshot :
I'm having trouble understanding how to remove an effect that was directly applied to a clip. The help file states "to remove an effect applied to an entire clip, deselect the effect name in the Effect Settings panel when in Clip Mode". How does one get to the the "Effect Settings Panel" and where is the list of applied effects? Thanks!
Thanks very much for the speedy reply! The annotated screenshots were really helpful. I had also been wondering about importing VST's and you covered that as well. Thanks!
Hello,

I have recently ordered standalone versions of "PD 11 Ultra" and "AD 3" Ultra which have not yet arrived. Just wondering, when installed will the applications integrate automatically, ie; video clips from PD 11 can be sent directly to AD 3 for audio editing and then back to PD 11 for finilization of a project.

Thanks!
Thanks for the tip David. I've used the MSI Cleanup utility in the past with XP and Vista but didn't even realize it was also compatible with Win 7 x64. I was anxious to resolve the problem and ended up using Revo Uninstaller ("moderate" safety level) to force the uninstall. It worked great and the registered version of YouCam 4 installed without any issues. That said, I've downloaded a copy of the MSI utility for future use. Thanks again
I installed the trial version of YouCam 4 and then opted to purchase the registered version. The problem is, I cannot uninstall the trial. The uninstaller dialog starts but the actual uninstall process never completes. There are no error messages. Until the trial is removed, there is no way to install the registered version. Any help appreciated!
Go to: