Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi all,

While the DVD is playing, when I hit the "Menu" button on my Pioneer remote control, it could not return to main menu.

But this happen only on some DVD created by PD7. I could not figure out which situation it work and which it doesn't ???

That button works for all commercial movie DVD.

Does any body has similar experience?

Didi
I have the same problem too, while the DVD is playing, when I hit the "Menu" button on my Pioneer remote control, it could not return to main menu of the DVD.

But this happen only on some DVD created by PD7. I could not figure out which situation it work and which it doesn't ???

I am sure that button work for all commercial movie DVD.

Hi,

In "Produce" file, I know that it could create a custom profile to adjust the bit rate and resolution so as to create a file size as desired.

But in "Create Disc", there is no such option. I could only choose the Smartfit option, the software would do the rest. But the resolution would be automatically downgrade to 320x240 on a DVD even the original size is only a bit over 4.7G.

Is it possible to maintain resolution as 720x576 and lower the bit rate only?

The workaround that I used now is to create disc image with "HQ" quality, then use other software to compress it to a single side DVD size 4.7G.

Thanks in advance.

Didi

I am new to PowerDirector and the manual is too simple, hope someone could help me.

I have a 2hour video and try to burn to a single layer disc, so I try the smartfit option when buring disc. It work fine for me.

When I play it by PowerDVD, it shows that the resolution is 352x480. Could I get a 720x480 resolution with lower bit rate instead?

In fact, in "Produce", I could customize a profile and set the resolution to 720x480 with lower bit rate, such that the output mpg file is around 4.6G.

But in "Create Disc", there is no similar option to set a customized resolution/bitrate.

I could think of one solution. "Create Disc" with "DVD HQ" quality and create a DVD folder. Then use other software to compress the DVD files to 4.6G before buring to disc. But I hope PD7 should be able to do this alone.

By the way, I found that it could "Create Disc" without going through the "Produce" step. This is not cover in the manual as well.

Thanks.
Go to: