Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smartfit option in Create Disc
Didi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2009 12:21 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

In "Produce" file, I know that it could create a custom profile to adjust the bit rate and resolution so as to create a file size as desired.

But in "Create Disc", there is no such option. I could only choose the Smartfit option, the software would do the rest. But the resolution would be automatically downgrade to 320x240 on a DVD even the original size is only a bit over 4.7G.

Is it possible to maintain resolution as 720x576 and lower the bit rate only?

The workaround that I used now is to create disc image with "HQ" quality, then use other software to compress it to a single side DVD size 4.7G.

Thanks in advance.

Didi

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Didi -

Why not treat yourself to some double layer discs (8.5GB) - or burn to Blue Ray - or don't burn to disc at all.

I recently (at Bif's suggestion) got myself a WD HD Media Player, which overcomes many issues with having to sacrifice quality for size. You get to see 1080p playback instead of DVD quality. Google it if you're interested (or Blackle it if you want to do your bit to help the planet).

Cheers -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
As a follow up of what Tony has posted, please look up the "Tips" section and you'll find what Bruce (Bif) suggested and a number of other bits of useful info.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page#20548

Dafydd