Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
also is there a way to move the pip clips in the media player other than using the mouse? are you able to use the cursor arrows somehow?
Is there a way to create a specific size for a clip you put on a pip track?

I need to create 2 video clips that are the exact same size on the pip tracks. manually resizing every time i need to do this will be the end of me
Thanks James
Is there any way to add another video track for editing?
Is there anyway to create a split screen movie with two different clips running next to each other?

Alrighty. I took the quiz. So will they come out with a patch this afternoon to support multi-monitors?
Thanks again guys for the help. I'm still getting acustomed to the software. I'll probably export to mpeg2 or wmvhd and then convert to flash using adobe media encoder.

I'll let you know how that works out.
We use 3 monitor workstations for our projects. Does PD7 have the ability to put components on different monitors?

For instance,

I'd like to have the source monitor/media player on one monitor, the timeline and media bins on another then other random programs on our third.

Thanks for the help.
Firming up ... this program runs smooth and is quick and snappy. Reads my MP4 files ... THANK YOU PD7!

This is the first program I found that will read my MP4 files and allow me to actually edit them.

One feature I'm missing already is the mouse scroll button feature that is able to be used as a "scrubber".

Is there a way to change the "1 second" scrubber feature to "1 frame"?

Thanks ... and so far:

Premier Pro CS4 -1
Sony Vegas Pro -1
PowerDirector 7 Ultra +1
Thanks for the information. That's what I needed.

I'll be spending the day with PD today. I'll keep you guys updated on my journey.

I'll also add that the Video must be exported as FLV and then put into our custom designed flash player that will play another video in split screen mode(two videos side by side).

Okey Dokey. New Guy Here. I work at a multimedia firm that took on a new account within the last month. We've been doing standard definition video editing for roughly 5 years ... however our company specializes in other media venues.

Our new account requires HD Video. It's basic shooting and editing .. however it's gotta be in HD. For the past two weeks, we've been scratching our heads trying to figure out why our workstations running Premier Pro CS4 and Vegas Pro CAN'T RUN our new MP4 AVCHD Video. Anytime we try to import and view clips in the software, we get lock ups. We can't even view the clips let alone start an editing process.

Machine Specs:

Vista Ultimate x64
Quad Core Q6700
8GB Nvidia SLI Ram
Dual Nvidia 9600 GSO 768mb Graphic Cards - Running in SLI Mode
Dual 1TB Sata drives

Camera:

Samsung SC-HMX20C

I have literally been up for 72 hours straight trying to figure out how to get this video to work in our workstations. Our first shoot day is only 2 days away...we need to have the 100+ clips edited and uploaded online 3 days after the shoot. I still dont have a solid system to edit. I'm Scared.

I stumbled across some PowerDirector posts and may have realized that this lower end software is what I need....I'm Hoping it is what I need because I cant figure anything else out. Maybe I am thinking too big and I don't need PPro or Vegas Pro?

So I Ask ... Is this the software I need? I'm doing basic editing and exporting to WEB ONLY... no dvd export.

Since we have 5 editing workstations, we'll need 5 licenses. Due to having 5/5 of Premier Pro CS4 and Vegas .. you can image we've spent a lot on licensing. We don't want to purchase this until we know we're good to go.

Any comments or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Help me sleep tonight.

-Foreman

Go to: