Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Auto size Pip clips
jon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2009 23:41 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to create a specific size for a clip you put on a pip track?

I need to create 2 video clips that are the exact same size on the pip tracks. manually resizing every time i need to do this will be the end of me
jon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2009 23:41 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
also is there a way to move the pip clips in the media player other than using the mouse? are you able to use the cursor arrows somehow?
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jon,

Don't think you can 'set' a size - however Dafydd produced a set of 'guide matrices' that make the PiP positioning easier. They are .png in other PiP tracks, used for positioning and then deleted when not needed.

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/pages/extras-news-items.html

PiP Designer guides
They might help.

Is this what you mean?:-
Select a PiP track and double click to edit. In this PiP designer window the PiP screen position can be adjusted by the arrow keys.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

This subject has come up before, and it would indeed be very useful to have a tool so you could easily, quickly, and consistently “size” (to the exact same size), a series of PIP’s in a project. Perhaps it could be in the form of a right click option like... “AutoFit” or something. Where one would have at least 5 pre-set “size” or “percent of screen” options to choose from.
[ For example... 20% - 40% - 60% - 80%- 100% ...”Of Screen”.]

And of course, a way to... “Lock All To Same Position”, would also be welcome.

I’ve added this to the “Suggestion Box” at...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3980.page

If any other PD users out there would also like to see a feature like this in future versions/builds of PD, please visit the link above and add your input.
The more voices the better.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 04. 2009 17:26

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips