Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I think he wants them combined into one clip on the timeline so that he doesn't have to apply effects, Magic Options, color corrections, etc. on every one of them, while really they're the same scene or shot.
The clips should have the same alias (right click on a clip > Change Alias).
Backup didn't load either, so I'm just going to start overnew and make lots of backups. Thanks anyways, guys, much appreciated.
Thanks for the help guys. I didn't manage to recover my project. It's not a problem in any of the files - audio, video or image - as I removed all of those with Notepad but the error remained. The problem might me in the short clips that vn800rider mentioned. Could somebody remove those clips and then upload the file? I can't seem to find them in notepad.

OnTheWeb, thanks a lot for the video. I now know to search beyond the files, because I saw the same as you do, but at my PC it crashes after all the files load.

The backup file might be my last resort, but it's on a different computer than the one I'm on right now. I didn't know how to use it before, so thanks for the explanation.
Wouldn't open when I renamed all files in the project, nor when I tried to open it on another computer. I'm pretty sure that it's something that it tries to load after it has loaded all the video files, audio files and pictures. Any ideas?
I would, but I'm not too sure what bitmaps you're talking about. I can't remember adding bitmaps...

Could you give me the file names?

Anyway, I'm going home now (I'm at my fathers house at the moment, which is where the project is), so I'll try any suggestions tomorrow or in two days.

Thanks a lot, OnTheWeb!
It worked on my MPGs, but they were split clips from the same file, so that might be why it works for me.
That's my local drive.
All of them play fine. I tried removing the three mpg-files (Deel1, Deel2 and Deel3 respectively), and it asked me to ignore it. It did, but then crashed few seconds later. I'm betting that it's something with the bmps.
As far as I'm concerned you can select multiple clips by holding CTRL, and then right mouse click > combine
The F:-drive video clips are indeed the ones I am referring to, but I don't know about bitmaps. Does anybody know how I can alter the file so that I can open it? I've got the video files - Deel1.mpg and Deel2.mpg - on my F:-drive.
I've got a project that I have to hand in before a deadline, but the Powerdirector 7 crashes whenever I try to open it. I'm not sure what the problem is, but if my project is lost I'm in big trouble. I'm on a Windows XP Home Edition PC with all the system requirements, a 768x1024 monitor resolution and all the latest updates.

My project file can be find here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c4564b637ca6b7829bf8d6369220dcabe04e75f6e8ebb871

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Additional info: it crashes when it's at 37% with loading
Go to: