Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Merge clips
Jerry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2009 19:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings, PD7 is working fairly well, but cannot determine how to merge clips. Research states this function can be done in PD7. However, I cannot find the screen that has this option. Would appreciate someone providing enough details to determine how this function works.

PD7 version is 7.0.2924a

Thank you

OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Tons of video tutorials here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cyberlinkchannel
Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Vivid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 27, 2009 09:30 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I'm concerned you can select multiple clips by holding CTRL, and then right mouse click > combine
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
I can't make the 'Combine' option work. It must only work with certain formats.

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Vivid [Avatar]
[Post New]
It worked on my MPGs, but they were split clips from the same file, so that might be why it works for me.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
It SHOULD be called "re-combine clips" because as you suspect, it can only work on previously "split" clips.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2009 15:07

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Roger [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Sep 29, 2008 09:03 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
1. Save your project.
2. Save it again under a new name.
3. Delete everything from the timeline except the clips you wish to combine.
4. Select the Produce tab. Pick the format you want and PD7 merges the files into a single clip. Save this where you wish.
5. Re-open your main project and import the new file. Don't forget to delete the original clips.
Roger.
Vivid [Avatar]
[Post New]
The clips should have the same alias (right click on a clip > Change Alias).
[Post New]
Why not simply place the clips on the timeline and use a simple transition between each to combine them? Maybe that doesn't get you the result you're after. It works for me. Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
Vivid [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think he wants them combined into one clip on the timeline so that he doesn't have to apply effects, Magic Options, color corrections, etc. on every one of them, while really they're the same scene or shot.