Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Oops, I knew it was something simple! Instead of downloading the files from my camera and camcorder to the computer first, I imported them straight from the devices to PD8 therefore importing the pictures only and not the files. A pork pie and a cup of coffee led to this solution - my brain must have been hungry!
We've just recently completed a canal boat trip and I'm now trying to produce a DVD of it using my PD8. I've imported my files (MPEG-2) and completed my title board. Now, when I click on my files, they don't show in the preview pane and when I try to drop them into the Timeline, I get the message, "Power Director could not complete the specified operation". I feel it's something simple but have no idea what. Any help would be most welcome.
I still don't know how the problem started in the first place but having followed your instructions, I now have my current project up and running again. You're a star!

However, each time I tried to save the project in a Pack Project folder, the program crashed so it's back in with the documents again. I'll save a copy to another HD to be on the safe side - I hope!

I'm happy again now! So's my wife!!
That sounds great, Carl. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to sort it out. All going well I should be telling you that it's all been sorted out. Fingers crossed! Many thanks again.
Thanks Carl, but how would they all have become detached from the projects in just a few days? It's all my completed or in-progress projects so for most of them the files have been deleted. If I did find them, I'd have to re-do the project from scratch, wouldn't I? Two things: on looking at the properties of the projects, they are all different sizes which would equate to the amount of files in each and, when I hover over any part of the Timeline, it shows the file names and length at that particular part! Anyway, many thanks for your input and if you have any more thoughts, I'd appreciate it
I've been using PD8 on my laptop for some time; low memory so slow but no problems otherwise. However, one day I went to load a project I'm working on and it loaded properly - except for the media files! The Timeline showed its various sections but there were no files to be seen there or in the Media Room. The one music file I was using loaded but none of the others. So, a video with no pictures! The message reads, for each file, "An error occurred trying to open this media file." Just previous to this I had upgraded to IE9 but I uninstalled it, just in case. Apparently PD has an issue with IE9. That was the only helpful comment I had from Cyberlink Helpdesk. I have been in contact with them numerous times but they have not been able to help. I hope someone out there can. Strangely, I can make a new project;I just can't load a current or completed one.
Thanks, Stephanie, good to know it's not just me! Or is that good??
Yes, I'm a newbie, but I'd managed to produce a DVD in the trial version of PowerDirector 7. Unfortunately, it wasn't finalised (as I assume should happen) so cannot watch it on other machines. I now have the full version but the DVD is not recognised by it, nor can I import it as a finished product. I know I can produce it again but wonder if I'm missing something, or doing something wrong, that would save me having to do this?
Go to: