Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Originally this was just supposed to be a question about if I could set subtitles for DVDs to start as off until manually activated (because right now they seem to always start with subtitles enabled even though they're all set to be togglable) but I came across another issue:

When I turn subtitles off from the setup menu on the DVD and then press play all the subtitles are only off for the first video but after that they turn on again. And also again they're all set to be togglable so... what do I do?

Also I know I've posted tons of questions in the past few weeks and I'm greateful for everyone who's been walking me through it, thank you all so much
Just a random question, in PowerDirector 18 is there any way to change the highlight style for the home / arrow buttons in the chapters / subtitles menu?? I at least want to know how to change the color of it so it isn't green and/or best case scenario if I could change its highlight style (best case scenario from the line under the icon to filling in the whole image) though the color is a higher priority here

Any leads would be amazing
Quote Hello,

You can use the subtitles feature in PowerDirector 18 to add the subtitles and then Produce them as video files, not burn them to a disc. Then burn these video files to a DVD in Power2Go.

If you use the "Create subtitles for discs/files" subtitle type and then produce the files as MKV files, you can will have the ability to turn the subtitles on/off in media players. Or you can just imprint them on the disc:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/18/enu/18_00_00_creating_subtitles.html

What type of player will you be using to play back these DVDs? A standalone DVD player or a media player on a PC such as VLC?

Cheers
Power2Go Moderator

I'll be using a standalone DVD player
Yes, before anyone says that Power2Go isn't able to add subtitless but PowerDirector can, I know and that's the problem.

I'm using the latest trial version of Power2Go to burn a bunch of videos to one disc (special thanks to the Moderator who suggested the app in my last forum post, you rule!) but as far as I know I can't import subtitle files (which are .srt) in that app. But for PowerDirector18 while I'm able to insert those files the actual videos for the disc overflow the disc's limit and I wouldn't be able to burn it. So I can either burn my disc but won't be able to use subtitles or have subtitles but won't be able to burn the disc at all, of course neither will do so now what?? Is there another program I can use or am I just missing sonething again? Plz help!!
So I'm working on a DVD that holds multiple titles/ videos. I've done the math already to make sure everything fits : there's 17 videos all roughly 200 MB each (and should be about 3400 MB total) and have a total runtime of 195.5 minutes. I plan to burn this onto a spacious 8.5 GB DVD which should be more than enough to fit everything, right?

Wrong apperently! Each video is buffed up to ~ 950 MB each and the grand total for the disc becomes nearly 15000 MB! Even with enabling Smart Fit the disc just barely overflows with the total being around 8570. I decided to test this further by compressing one of the meatier titles to a teeny 16 MB but PowerDirector still infaltes that to 922 MB. The other 2D DVD settings are almost untouched (16 : 9 aspect ratio, MPEG-2 (and that's the only option listed,) and LPCM audio with 2 channels) I'm sure there's something I'm missing but what??

Any answer or leads would be great, thank you
I'm currently working on a probably over-the-top DVD project and I've got some questions about making a custom menu for it. Just to put it out now I'm very new to PowerDIrector and for all I know this could be very simple stuff I'm just missing, so if that's the case apologies in advance. Anyways:

1. Is there any way to add different backgrounds / images to different chapter menu pages? Like once I press the a

2. The audio for the root / main menu is short and keeps looping when i set it to be longer and no repeat (the audio in question is almost two minutes long and was planned to be cut around 1:30 - 1:40 min in and I checked off to box to stop after the first time. What happened here??

3. And finally, how do I add seperate subtitles to different titles on one disc??

That's what I got. Any answer helps even if I need to upgrade / change the program. Thank you all in advance!
Go to: