Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It seems like you end up with a "collection" of video editing suites to get everything done.
Good to know it seems to be working for someone else. I'm still debating trying again, it was acting like it was out of memory or something, even though I have plenty of RAM and that was not the issue.
I was an early adopter on PD8 and there were major problems when using 1920x1080 AVCHD files as source media. At the time I returned the software because it was unusable to me. Is Power Director working now with FullHD source files or is this still an issue?

Thanks!
What type of source media were you using?
Interesting. Mine crashes every time I use 1920x1080 AVCHD as a source file, at the 21% point. I also have an i7, i wonder if it has something to do with the hardware Data Execution Prevention on the i7 and Cyberlink mishandling memory during the render process...but that is completely pure speculation and probably not correct

Again, what source media are you using?
What type of source files are you using? (AVI, AVCHD, etc) and what resolution are they?

Well, since my kid's b-day is on Saturday, I can't wait for a patch, so I purchased another product which will remain nameless. Needless to say, it creates AVCHD discs flawlessly, with the only downside being that it can't do Dolby Digital 5.1 yet when it creates one. Frankly, I don't care as long as I get a watchable video out of it.

After doing some more experimenting, it seems to me that the only time an issue occurs is when the source material is 1920x1080i AVCHD, some of the other clips I have that are lower res work, and I can get it to produce an AVCHD from still images without a problem.

Given the various errors I have seen so far, it seems that there is some kind of memory handling problem - I get the "not enough system memory" and an error message from the MS C++ redistributable they use, as well as several .dll based crashes.

At this point I may get a refund on the upgrade, unless tech support comes through with a solution....

PD 8 Ultra

In the create disc area, you select AVCHD under Disc preferences. This is essentially a DVD that instead of having DVD format video has the AVCHD high def video format that a blu-ray player can read.

If you can get it to render your video let me know. Mine crashes every time.
Well, if you read my "Uh oh.." thread, you'll see the issues I am having, which are many.

Basically, even though I could get a render out of PD7 in AVCHD, in 8, I have yet to get my 20 min movie to work. It fails every time, regardless of if I am doing a disc creation or just an AVCHD file. I also cannot get it to create an SD DVD with AVCHD source files either.

I'm really annoyed at the moment since I need to get this project done by Saturday.
I actually managed to get 19min of a 20 min movie to render out to an AVCHD file...but then I got a warning about not enough system memory. Right. More like we have a memory leak....

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PDR8.exe
Application Version: 8.0.0.2013
Application Timestamp: 4a82e79a
Fault Module Name: CES_PlugIn_5.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.0.1927
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a6825c9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00009ae3
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

What is really weird is that if I run the preview, it will actually run through the entire movie!!!

What the heck?!
It won't even build a SD DVD without crashing out....I'll keep digging around.
Well, my real frustration is that I had AVCHD rendering and AVCHD discs working ok in PD7, but then wanted the new features in PD8. Apprently a new feature is crash.

Oh, and I have also tried a "menuless" one.

The really fun part is that I can get a similar project to render using version 7....but it likes to crash when I use the trimmer.

Sigh.
Thanks for the advice, and I've actually tried a great many things, including rendering to HDD instead of to the disc, I also tried it with seperate "known good" clips, and I can render each clip on it's own, but when the time exceeds around 5 min it will start to crash out. Honestly, I know they are using the MS C++ foundation, and to me, it seems like a memory handling error due to the large size of AVCHD files as they are being uncompressed, processed, and recompressed. I also wonder if the 64bit OS adds to the issue as it allows for higher memory addresses to be reached. I may try some compatiblity modes from within Vista to see if any of those might help (unlikely...)

I actually have Sony Vegas 9..did you buy the full $500 movie studio pro 9? Or are you using Vegas 9?

My only problem with Vegas 9 is that I can't figure out how to burn AVCHD discs...can you find a way?
Video card is Nvidia 8800GT
Intel Core i7 920
6gb DDR3
Vista 64

This is also a very fresh install - had a HDD fail a week ago.

Sony HDR-SR11

Trying to render 1920x1080i for AVCHD DVD playback in BD player.

Crashes regardless of effect video clip used, CUDA enabled or disabled, etc, once the length of the video goes over approx 5 min.

Go to: