Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to play on Stand Alone Bluray Player?
Hauss [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2009 22:46 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I have seen people talk about being able to take wither a Single or double layer standard DVD and create a disc that can play in HD on a stand along BLURAY Player? How do you do this? I know you cant fit that much on the disc but I think a DL will hold about 40 minutes. How do I do this in POWER DIRECTOR 8 or what program do I need to do this? I need to know what to burn onto a standard DVD. I have a Magavox NB500MS9 BLURAY Player...

Any help would be appreciated....

Keyan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2009 09:09 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
In the create disc area, you select AVCHD under Disc preferences. This is essentially a DVD that instead of having DVD format video has the AVCHD high def video format that a blu-ray player can read.

If you can get it to render your video let me know. Mine crashes every time.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hauss & Keyan -

Are you using PD8 Ultra (which can burn BR discs & AVCHD on DVD - for compatible players) or Deluxe (which, I understand, cannot).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Hauss [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I dont know how my NB500MS9 Magnavox is in terms of quality of user created discs since I only have 2 bluray movies and they look great but not any better then my other SD dvd player that upconverts to 1080I..
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hauss,

Can I echo Keyan! If you successfully produve an AVCHD disc, can you let us know.

I get choppy playback of AVCHD on my Sony Blu-ray player, but the disc plays fine on a PS3 and the PC itself.

Cheers

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
Keyan [Avatar]
[Post New]
PD 8 Ultra

Hauss [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm using ULTRA... I will try this tonight as soon as I get a DL DVD as what I made wont fit on a 4.77G disc..
Hauss [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK I created an AVCHD DISC on a DVD+RDL DVD and it played perfect on my Panasonic BD30 Blurau player.. My other player Magnavox NB500MS9 doesnt seem to play any avchd. the BD30 played the disc I created and also I was able to take the SD card from my camera, plug it into the memory slot on the BD30 and it played all ,y videos!

Keyan [Avatar]
[Post New]
What type of source media were you using?