Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
There's still no fix for this issue. I need to bring up some on screen display using the keyboard before the remote will show the pop-up menu in Cinema Mode within media center.

Is there any ETA on this. I have had this problem over 6 months with fixed promised but never delivered.
Quote: Hi,

should be this issue:
[017] [fixed in v2024] MCE DVD-menu can't close using RC6 (workaround: use "Clear" button on RC)

right?

Br
Michael

No [017] was not my problem, it was [018]. I have tested it repeatedly with a couple of different disks using 2024 and it is *NOT* fixed when playing in Cinema Mode when launched within Windows Media Center (Win7x64).

It is better as it comes up more often but there is still the problem that unless there are some other PDVD controls visible on the screen (usually shown by moving a mouse) it does not come up. I have confirmed this using Avatar BD.

For instance....
1) Play movie with no PDVD controls or labels on the screen. Pressing Menu on WMC remote does not bring up the PDVD menu selection.
2)Play movie and go to next chapter. Press menu while the little PDVD "Chapter x" pop-up is being displayed and the WMC remote does bring up the DVD menu selection. As soon as the "Chapter x" pop-up disappears the menu button on the remote no longer works.
3)Play move and wiggle mouse to show control and the menu does show up.

I have also found that once you get it to come up once, say for instance pausing the movie to get the PDVD "Pause" label up on the screen and then using the Menu button on the remote, it will continue to come up. It's like it needs to come up once to get it's proper z-order in the layering.

I hope this helps and I hope it gets fixed. It's driving my household nuts that they can't get to BD menus with the remote consistently. I hate getting complained at...
Quote: The next patch is on the way and will arrive soon!

Please stay tuned.

Michael

Does the v2024 patch fix this problem? I do not see it listed.
Thanks for the tip about the keyboard message. I never use standalone mode and there is not a checkbox in Cinema mode in Media Center. But sure enough I launched a movie in standalone and there was the check box to disable the message. I should have thought of trying that.

That's to bad about the iPhone remote not working with Cinema mode in Media Center. It would be a great feature.
I have PDVD 11 Ultra and am having the following problems with my PDVD iPhone Remote. I am not using PDVD 11 stand alone, only within Windows 7 64-bit Media Center.

1. It I launch the PDVD iPhone remote before playing a movie in Windows Media Center the stand alone version of PDVD 11 launches. Of course, the Media Center version cannot then launch also and since I want to stay in Windows Media Center this is a problem. Is there anyway to avoid this?

2. If I start playing a blu-ray in Windows Media Center and then start the PDVD iPhone remote I get an pop-up error message stating another version of PDVD 11 is already running. Is there any way to avoid this?

Finally, unrelated to the remote, virtually anytime I launch a blu-ray within Windows Media Center I get an error message that states something to the effect that BD-J mouse support won't work. Is there anyway to turn this off?

Thanks in advance.
Any idea when this will be fixed? I'm really finding it annoying and it's been over 2 months now.

I see my problem listed in the PowerDVD11 know problems thread, item [018] but it only say reproduced.
Thanks for that Michael.
I'm still having a problem with the remote in Windows Media Center.

From a my previous post in locked thread...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30/16964.page

I've found if you move the mouse so that the PDVD controls appear along the bottom right of the screen the pop-up menu works. However, if they disappear and you're just watching the movie and try for the pop-up menu nothing happens. If you move the mouse again however you'll see that it did pop-up. It just never was visible.

Any idea if this might get fixed. It happened again to me last night and it may be a small thing but it's a pain to go get a keyboard to jiggle the mouse so the PDVD controls appear and then I can use the menu button on the remote.

Thanks.
I've found if you move the mouse so that the PDVD control appear along the bottom right of the screen the pop-up menu works. However, if they disappear and you're just watching the movie and try for the pop-up menu nothing happens. If you move the mouse again however you'll see that it did pop-up. It just never was visible.
Hi Michael,

I tried agian myself. It only happens when the PDVD controls and scrubber bar are not visible on the screen. If they are visible it works fine.

So, if you have recently moved the mouse and the controls and scrubber are visible at the bottom of the screen it works fine.

To reproduce wait until the PDVD controls and scrubber disappear and only the movie is visible and then select the Menu button. You will not be able to see the pop-up.

Let me know how that works out.
Yes, I use the standard RC6 remote. I'm having the problem with blu-rays. Have you tried A BD or just DVDs?
posting here is ok

What virtual drive software do you use - I can not reproduce it on 5.4.5.0

I forwarded the issue to the related department for x-check

Br
Michael

Thanks Michael. I was using version 5.4.4.0. Updating the version fixed the problem.

Have you been able to reproduce the problem with the Menu button and the pop-up using the remote?
Another problem I found is that the "Eject" menu does not work in Windows 7 Media Center for mounted .iso files with VCD. This used to work in PDVD10, PDVD9, and PDVD 8.

Should I be submitting support requests for these bugs or will posting them on the forum get them to the right people?
I can't get the latest patch of PDVD 10 to install. It says there is not a compatible version of PDVD 10 already installed. I am sure there is. Anyone else have this problem or is there any fix?
There's still some remote problems with this patch in cinema mode within Windows 7 Media Center and blu-rays. I haven't tried with DVDs yet.

Pressing the menu button is supposed to pop-up a little menu where you can select things like "Top Menu" or "Pop-Up Menu" but it doesn't come up from the remote. However if you click with your mouse on the PDVD window it suddenly appears.

Also, if you click the menu button then the other remote keys stop working. It's probably because the little hidden pop-up menu has the focus even though you can't see it.
Still no response to my issue - CS001010993.

It's been 2 weeks now from submission. It's sad and embarassing really.
Thanks for that. I'll hope to hear something soon.

you may post your issue here - so we (the forum users) can have a look into it

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

BR
Michael

Here is the problem.

PowerDVD 10 stopped launching from withing Windows Media Center. This has happened to me before and I have had to re-install the software to get it working again. I have since discovered that installing IE 9 caused this problem this time.

However, because I purchased an upgrade from PDVD 9 to PDVD 10 I cannot just re-install PDVD10. I first have to install PDVD 9 then install the PDVD 10 upgrade I have.

When I went to install PDVD 9 I got a message that my license key has reached it's maximum number of installs.

So, I now cannot reinstall either PDVD 9 nor PDVD 10 because I need to install PDVD 9 first.

So I have asked to have this fixed and provided proof of purchase of both PDVD 9 and PDVD 10 in my submission.

So, 4 days after my intial inquiry for ticket CS001010993 submitted April 24 I got a response which asked for screenshots of an error message I had already explained. Obviously the support technician was just trying to push the ticket off without a solution to get it closed. In any case I responded with all relevant information and screen shots and it has not been responded too as of May 4. This is unacceptable to have an unresolved issue since April 24 which should be quite easy to resolve. I just want to install software I have owned for years. Support is really horrible.

To make matter worse, I submitted another ticket on a different issue with PDVD 11 trial version on April 26 and have received no response at all.

I am beginning to think I have wasted my money on this software as I cannot install what I have paid for and get no response on problems with a possible upgrade which I would pay for. Sadly there is no way to escalate any of these problem either.
I have been waiting for a response from cyberlink support for 4 days now. How long does one have to wait for some sort of response? It is Ticket ID: CS001010993.

I'm certainly not going to buy a phone support package just to call and ask why my support request has not yet been answered.

Go to: