Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Solved...

I figured that since it was cuttin off too early for some reason, I added a Black ColourBoard for about 40 seconds at the end. I 'Produce'd the file as MPEG-2 like usual.

Imported the file back into PD7 and voila! It's all there.

For whatever reason, it works...

Thanks again...Perhaps someone else may find this useful.

Best wishes,

Ken
Hi there,

Thank you for your advice.

My imported video is 29.97fps and I'm producing it at the same frame rate. The movie is 1 complete sequence, no edit points or splits, etc.

I will check your downloads and see if I can glean some more info from that.

The other files I've done have all been fine, so this one is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Thank you again.

Best wishes,

Ken
Hi there,

I've been working with a short 19 Minute movie. When in the Timeline, the whole Movie plays properly from beinning to end. When I 'Produce' it to MPEG-2, the file always misses the last 30 to 45 seconds. I've re-tried, used different filenames, and always the same result...

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Ken
This Works!

I downloaded from the Internet a file for PC called "vobm250eng.zip".

This is a great little tool and it does merge as many VOB files as you would like. I checked the Merged VOB file and it plays seamlessly! No glitch!

The great thing about this is that it maintains the whole file as VOB and doesn't require any conversion to Quicktime, etc. Now you can import the whole VOB file as 1 and the render to whatever you'd like.

I think this will solve a lot of problems.

Thanks again for your help.

Best wishes,

Ken
Hi Tom,

Thank you so much...It's funny; I thought of doing the same thing if I couldn't get rid of the glitch... I appreciate your advice.

At work I use a Mac and Final Cut so I also use MPEG Streamclip and it extracts the individual VOB files and joins them seamlessly.

There is a PC version of MPEG Streamclip, but it will only open 1 VOB file at a time so I don't think that will help.

I read an earlier post about 'merging' VOB files and it involved going into 'DOS' to do it. I did a google on the 'net and found a small application called VOB Merge. I'm going to try that to see if it works. If not, I'll be using your suggestions and recording under the 1GB limit. The tapes I transferred were from VHS to a DVD Recorder too; just like yours.

Thanks again for the advice; it's great when there are people out there that can offer help and advice without criticism!

Best wishes,

Ken
Hello,

Thank you for helping...

The 'glicth' is when VOB 1 ends and VOB 2 starts. This happens right in the middle of a song and no matter how I try to line it up there is a couple of seconds where the song has been clipped, causing a jump in the video and sound.

Playing the DVD back this doesn't happen, only when I have imported the VOB files in PD7.

If you need any further info please let me know.

Thank you again.

best wishes,

Ken

Hi there,

I have a newbie question that perhaps you can help me with...

I've taken a Video of our band and burned it to DVD. The DVD has 3 VTS .VOB files (1, 2 &3).

When I import these files and put them into the timeline there is a glitch at the 'joining' point from each VOB file. This wouldn't normally be a major problem, but these are right in the middle of songs.

I've tried a few different ways of importing the Media Files but no matter how I've done it, even after rendering the glitch is there.

Any suggestions on how to maintain a constant, glitch-free joining point from these consecutive VOB files?

Yours help is appreciated!

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Ken
Hi again,

I want to thank everyone for their help and advice with this...

I just updated to 2227c and tried the previous suggestions but for whatever reason, it still hangs at 75% and after that (even giving it a lot of time) it won't proceed.

I'll just make sure that I am always connected to the 'net whenever creating a DVD.

All of the people that have responded so quickly and with such great advice is really appreciated!

Thanks again.

Perhaps one day I'll be able to return the favor with some help for someone else.

Best wishes,

Ken

Hi there,

Thank you so much! This is great to have this kind of support.

Can anyone tell me how large the Patch to 2227c is?

I just started getting the notice when I run PD7 on the Internet connected and it says a Patch is available, but when I click on the 'Patch' box, it takes me to the PD7 Downloads at 23MB...

Sorry for these newbie questions!

Thanks again all.

Best wishes,

Ken
Hi Robert J,

Thank you for your advice...I'm finding that whenever I go to 'Create Disc' that Power Director automatically dials up my Internet and if I cancel the connection PD7 hangs...I'm wondering if there is a preference setting where I can prevent this automatic connection start when I choose that Create Disc?

Thanks again for your help!

Best wishes,

Ken
Hi there,

I'm trying to creat a DVD and I can do this with an Internet Connection (because when I choose 'Create Disc' it starts to compile and then connects to the Internet.

There are times when I won't be connected to the Internet and would still like to create a DVD. How can I do this?

Sorry for what is probably a very dumb question!

Best wishes,

Ken
Go to: