Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to Create DVD without Internet Connection
Ken [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2009 23:06 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I'm trying to creat a DVD and I can do this with an Internet Connection (because when I choose 'Create Disc' it starts to compile and then connects to the Internet.

There are times when I won't be connected to the Internet and would still like to create a DVD. How can I do this?

Sorry for what is probably a very dumb question!

Best wishes,

Ken
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ken,

There is no requirement to be connected to the internet to Create Disc.

I do not allow PD7 to connect to the internet at all, except when I need to enter the DirectorZone or SmartSound music libraries.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Ken [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Robert J,

Thank you for your advice...I'm finding that whenever I go to 'Create Disc' that Power Director automatically dials up my Internet and if I cancel the connection PD7 hangs...I'm wondering if there is a preference setting where I can prevent this automatic connection start when I choose that Create Disc?

Thanks again for your help!

Best wishes,

Ken
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ken,

Update,

I have just installed the latest build of PD7 and it freezes if I deny internet access, when opening, this needs further investigation, will make further inquiries.

Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ken,

Well done, it's a bug.

Dafydd and I have spent an hour confirming the issue.
Dafydd has the same problem you have when trying to Create Disc the program freezes at 75% if internet access is denied.
Whereas with me it freezes after opening PowerDirector and is denied internet access.

We found a workaround, in that if you stop all internet access then open PD7 it functions correctly, so it appears that it should work on a computer without internet access.

Dafydd has forwarded these results to CyberLink R & D for rectification

PDtoots
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I'm using PD7 Build 2227c and have had no problems. Under Preferences I have left "Auto sign in to Director Zone when Power Director is launched" unchecked.

Robert
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Just to clarify this issue.

The build Robert/Oz and I have been checking is the latest build PD v2416. Also I only had a "temporary stall" with PD7 where PD stalled until I "Allow or Deny" Net access. Once I gave the instruction PD7 2416 functioned fine.

However. The conclusion I came to was: PD7 2416 when denied Net access (manually) on a Net connected computer could make PD7 2416 stall/hang. If however the firewall allowed access there wasn't a problem. Where all software Net access is to a manual responses - PD7 (2416) responds differently depending upon what Firewall software was being used.

Robert's PC just hung after Net access was denied - the same as Ken's when he went to Create Disc. Robert's firewall being different than mine. When I got to the Create Disc stage, PD7 2416 hung until I responed to the Firewall manually control popup - slightly different.

Robert(WA) this is a 2416 build bug issue - neither Robert/Oz nore I had problems with 2227c. Thank you for the input, we should have clarified the version a bit more clearly.

Dafydd

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 04. 2009 07:32

Ernie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2006 13:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi:

PD 7 build 2416 was mentioned. CL web site lists the latest build as 2227c

Am I missing something?
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Been busy so haven't kept up really - interestingly, with the new patch (2416) I had a serious freeze (1st time ever really) and I tied it down (probably) to PDHanumanSvr.exe using c.60% of my CPU resources for no apparent reason.

It seems to have cured itself after a uninstall/install and I haven't had time to delve deeper or test it further.

Don't know what that does but..... if the info is any use...

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Ernie, the patch to 2416 will be out when CL release it - just have to wait for that one, sorry.

I have access to the latest build (full version) of this and other software and I asked a number of PD7 beta testers to check out any previous issues etc etc. As can be seen Robert and Adrian have both jumped in to test and check the issue here.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Ken [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi there,

Thank you so much! This is great to have this kind of support.

Can anyone tell me how large the Patch to 2227c is?

I just started getting the notice when I run PD7 on the Internet connected and it says a Patch is available, but when I click on the 'Patch' box, it takes me to the PD7 Downloads at 23MB...

Sorry for these newbie questions!

Thanks again all.

Best wishes,

Ken
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Ken

The 2227c patch is (34,725,888 bytes).

Jeff
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Update.

Uninstalled and reinstalled PD7 build 2416
In Preferences, unticked "Check for Updates" and 'Auto connect to DirectorZone"
Firewall - CA Security Suite

Test 1
1. Deny PD7 internet access
2. Open PD7 - opens OK
3. Open Task Manager
4. Open Create Disc
5. Create Disc stalls at 75%
6. Task Manger states PD7 not responding
7. Do nothing but wait
8. After 2 minutes Create Disc initializes
9. Task Manager now states PD7 is running

Test 2.
1. Completely shutdown internet
2. Open PD7 - opens OK
3. Open Create Disc
4. Create Disc opens and initializes immediatly.

Test 3
1. Set firewall to make PD7 ask for internet access
2. Open PD7
3. PDR.exe asks for internet access - Deny
3. PD7 opens correctly
4. Open Task Manager
5. Open Create Disc
6. PDR.exe asks for internet access - Deny
7. Get White Screen and Initializing freezes at 75%
8. Task Manager states that PD7 is not responding
9. Do nothing but wait
10. After 2 minutes Create Disc initializes
11. Task Manager now states that PD7 is running

Conclusion

PD7 will operate correctly on a computer that does not have an internet connection.
However, if you are connected to the internet and deny PDR.exe access,
there appears to be a conflict which delays Create Disc from initializing.

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 05. 2009 04:37

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit

PDtoots
Ken [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again,

I want to thank everyone for their help and advice with this...

I just updated to 2227c and tried the previous suggestions but for whatever reason, it still hangs at 75% and after that (even giving it a lot of time) it won't proceed.

I'll just make sure that I am always connected to the 'net whenever creating a DVD.

All of the people that have responded so quickly and with such great advice is really appreciated!

Thanks again.

Perhaps one day I'll be able to return the favor with some help for someone else.

Best wishes,

Ken