Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote My apologies. I've never used tht feature and I didn't see it in the older versions of PD I checked before responding. I still have the previous version installed on my laptop and I can access it from the Tools menu.

Check the online help portal by pressing F1. Here's what I see

Here it is on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gam4Rc9uG3w

Before I upgraded from PowerDirector 365, I used Mask Designer on Titles.

I have a short video showing this (attached)

I used it a fair bit on the project.

Now that I upgraded, I cannot edit the clips with Mask Designer.

================

You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gam4Rc9uG3w
Quote There isn't a title mask designer because titles are overlays and the background is always transparent.

What were you hoping to do? Does this old discussion help?

Before I upgraded from PowerDirector 365, I used Mask Designer on Titles.

I have a short video showing this (attached)

I used it a fair bit on the project.

Now that I upgraded, I cannot edit the clips with Mask Designer.
I can access Mask Designer for videos and images, but not for Titles.

Any idea where I can access it?

Thanks.

This works.

Thanks.

Except for Titles (text). Where do I find Mask Designer for Titles?

This works.

Thanks.
Edit>Tools>Mask Designer no longer exists.

Selecting Edit just goes to the edit options of the selected clip.
Quote The PDHanumanSvr.exe appears on top of PDR.exe in my Win 11 task manager. See the screenshot with it circled in red. It may be different in other version of Windows but it is there.

There is no PDR.exe in Task Manager.

I solved the issue by using System Restore, going back to yesterday when it ws working,

I checked Task Manager again, and both PDHanumanSvr.exe and PDR.exe are not there, only Cyberlink Application Manager and Cyberlink RichVideo Module. The only "PD" entry is PDStyleAgent.

It's not just PDR.exe that needs to be manually killed, often PDHanumanSvr.exe is still running. This old thread should help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83509.page#post_box_344769

Jeff

---------------------------------

PDHanumanSvr.exe does not appear in Win 11 Task Manager.
Hi

This error appeared today.

Tried removing from Task Manager, Run as Admin, and uninstalled/reinstalled.

None worked.

Any ideas?
Quote Is there a page file set and is the size sufficiently set so it will not use up all the ram?

I did increase the page file and there was great improvement, but not as good as it was before. For example, FX is intermittent... works sometimes, sometimes not, choppy playback... sluggish I guess.

When I clicked on a short (1 minute) video clip in the project, my RAM jumped from 24% to 99% and it took a few minurtes to get sorted out. This doesn't happen now with the page file change.

Up until then I had no problems for months since starting the project..

Before then, 16GB RAM would mostly be between 40 - 50%, and that was with several more programs open.

I think something changed. Was there a recent update perhaps?

Thanks for the page file suggestion. It allows me to get some work done on th project.
Hi,

For some reason a project I have been working on for months has not been working properly since yesterday.

It would eat up all available memory (16GB RAM) whenever a clip was selected, as seen through Task Manager.

While testing with new projects, I have found that the FX feature does not work on a selected clips (video or image). Transitions do work. However, I have not encountered any memory problems with new projects which would only contain a few clips.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Go to: