Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Memory and FX Problems
Lmmd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2022 17:19 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

For some reason a project I have been working on for months has not been working properly since yesterday.

It would eat up all available memory (16GB RAM) whenever a clip was selected, as seen through Task Manager.

While testing with new projects, I have found that the FX feature does not work on a selected clips (video or image). Transitions do work. However, I have not encountered any memory problems with new projects which would only contain a few clips.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times.

Any help greatly appreciated.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a page file set and is the size sufficiently set so it will not use up all the ram?
Lmmd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2022 17:19 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there a page file set and is the size sufficiently set so it will not use up all the ram?

I did increase the page file and there was great improvement, but not as good as it was before. For example, FX is intermittent... works sometimes, sometimes not, choppy playback... sluggish I guess.

When I clicked on a short (1 minute) video clip in the project, my RAM jumped from 24% to 99% and it took a few minurtes to get sorted out. This doesn't happen now with the page file change.

Up until then I had no problems for months since starting the project..

Before then, 16GB RAM would mostly be between 40 - 50%, and that was with several more programs open.

I think something changed. Was there a recent update perhaps?

Thanks for the page file suggestion. It allows me to get some work done on th project.