Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Current User Session Not Supported
RebeccaVenter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2020 21:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I installed Cyberlink 18 on my NEW laptop. It won't open. It says "current user sessions not supported." I don't have any user session on my laptop. What is wrong?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That message only means that some part of PowerDirector is still running, so you can't launch it again. This often happens if the app has just crashed, but it can also happen if you have just closed PD and then tried to start it up again right away.

All you should need to do is reboot and everything should be back to normal.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
RebeccaVenter, WIN10 can make it more challenging vs WIN7 as a reboot will not necessarily clear these PD running processes. I've seen reboots of WIN10 launch them again on boot as it was when the reboot was commanded. In fact, that is a feature of WIN10 to "bookmark" running processes and attempt to restart them on reboot or shutdown. That's why some WIN updates return the open app state as it was prior to the update.

If it's still occurring after a reboot, add the column "Image path names" to the Details tab of Task Manager. Sort by path and do a screen capture of the section covering the path name area of:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink
and
C:\Program Files\CyberLink

Post the pic and I'd think something will probably stick out as the culprit and then you can manually kill that tasks.

The concurrent user session is usually aggravated when user has shutdown PD and instantly try to relaunch or PD has crashed during an edition session or user terminated. If PD had been working previously, and now won't launch anymore and nothing else has changed more often than not a service of PD is still running. Often but not always it's PDHanumanSvr.exe. A laptop in hybernate mode when the cover is closed can also cause such issue.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This is interesting. I did not respond earlier when I discovered that my task manager display is different from what I remember earlier in win 10 and in this win 10 video at 57 seconds: https://youtu.be/xUQlIuNdRro . From the description “add the column "Image path names" to the Details tab of Task Manager” can you explain how this is done. All I see is names on the left. Options/Show full account name is grayed out on mine.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is interesting. I did not respond earlier when I discovered that my task manager display is different from what I remember earlier in win 10 and in this win 10 video at 57 seconds: https://youtu.be/xUQlIuNdRro . From the description “add the column "Image path names" to the Details tab of Task Manager” can you explain how this is done. All I see is names on the left. Options/Show full account name is grayed out on mine.

Post a pic of what you see so maybe one can guide you to the basic instructions that were given.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Attached is a screenshot of my win 10 task manager/Details tab. Do not see where to add the column "Image path names" to the Details tab of Task Manager yet. This would help others to add this column when desired or need to do so. Thanks...
[Thumb - Task Manager Detail tab.jpg]
 Filename
Task Manager Detail tab.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Task Manager Details tab columns
 Filesize
139 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Attached is a screenshot of my win 10 task manager/Details tab. Do not see where to add the column "Image path names" to the Details tab of Task Manager yet. This would help others to add this column when desired or need to do so. Thanks...

Basic step 2 in pic should resolve your issue.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD19_processes.png]
 Filename
PD19_processes.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. The Image path names column was already checked and shown in the task manager by default in the screenshot attached earlier. This details tab changes every second, making it hard to find it and use the End task button. It is better to do it in the Process tab when needed if possible.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks. The Image path names column was already checked and shown in the task manager by default in the screenshot attached earlier. This details tab changes every second, making it hard to find it and use the End task button. It is better to do it in the Process tab when needed if possible.

Your path was displayed because you set it previously, by default it's not shown.

Simply change the update speed or pause in the "Option" menu and you can very easily identify paths and delete processes. The issue is, it's not just the PDR.exe process so some need further guidance on what to actually kill so using the paths it's very easy to identify what of CL is running.

Jeff
jackwing262 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2020 17:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

thank you for telling the reason

Jeff