Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
David,

Thank you!!!

Your fix works for me. It's an extra step but I now am able to render and export to Blu-Ray without the video being degraded. Video playback on my set top Blu-Rayer player is now fantastic.

Thank you again!

Thanks Dafydd.

My answers follow your questions below...

1. What build version of PD7 are you using? I have 7.0.2429a

2. What are the specifications of your PC? Please attach a Diagnostic File to your next post so we can all review the full capabilities of your video platform. I don't know how to attach a Diagnostic File but can tell you that I'm using a Sony Vaio with Windows Vista Ultimate, 32 bit, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz with 4GB of RAM and 500 GB hard drive.

I'm not having trouble running the software, in fact it runs better than most and I really like the software. The problem is with how the software renders the AVCHD. Burning raw AVCHD to a Blu-Ray disk with PD7 produces great results. If you want to edit the AVCHD footage and then burn to Blu-Ray, the video quality is dramatically reduced.

I've seen others discuss this problem here.

If there is a solution, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for listening.
Thanks Keyan. I was hoping you would tell me I was just doing something wrong. It is frustrating that nothing seems to work with AVCHD correctly.

Have you Tried VideoStudio Pro X2? It sounds promising but without real users' feedback, I'm afraid to try it as I've been burned with Roxio Creator and PD7.
I can create a Blu-Ray that plays fine in a Blu-Ray player but the rendering of the AVCHD degrades the video quality. Raw AVCHD footage looks great but as you edit and render the footage, it drops the quality. Others have mentioned it on this forum and it seems to be a known problem with PD.
I purchased PowerDirector 7 Ultra specifically to burn high definition video to Blu-Ray discs. PD7 Ultra was the most expensive product I was considering. It sounds as though this product has a major flaw in rendering AVCHD. That is a huge disappointment and I'll be looking to another product (possibly VideoStudio Pro X2) if CyberLink doesn't get this corrected in the very near future.

I'm also quite amazed with the lack of activity on this forum. I've never interacted with a forum where this is so little expert support. I'm not trying to take away from those that do what they can to help users as I have seen some examples of that here. I'm just surprised that the forum is not more active.

Is there another connection directly to CyberLink that may provide more results?
Just wondering, when producing a project, what file type should be selected under "create file" to optain the highest quality video? We have a Blu-Ray burner and want to create the highest quality blu-ray video possible for playback on a set-top blu-ray player.

Our first attempt was OK quality (chose MPEG2 - BD 1920x1080) but no where near as good as the raw AVCHD file.

We purchased PD7 Ultra to do just this and the first result was disappointing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Go to: