Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-Ray Burning - What File Type to Select?
batwings [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2009 11:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Just wondering, when producing a project, what file type should be selected under "create file" to optain the highest quality video? We have a Blu-Ray burner and want to create the highest quality blu-ray video possible for playback on a set-top blu-ray player.

Our first attempt was OK quality (chose MPEG2 - BD 1920x1080) but no where near as good as the raw AVCHD file.

We purchased PD7 Ultra to do just this and the first result was disappointing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bob in Tucson
Member Location: Milwaukee, Denver, Tucson Joined: May 30, 2008 18:11 Messages: 133 Offline
[Post New]
The final quality on BD falls short of the quality of the original AVCHD files. You used the best burn quality setting of MPEG2 - BD 1920x1080.
I have tried VideoStudio ProX2 and Adobe Premiere Elements 7 and they are not any better. I think PD7 has the most user friendly editor, if you keep the edits SIMPLE. If you burn full capacity BD's expect numerous failures. Use BDREs to test all projects b4 burning to BD-R. The AVCHD burn setting is awful. It does not appear that the bugs will be worked out anytime soon.
..... I sometimes go back to hooking up my Canon HF100 directly to my HDTV and playing the AVCHD files through it and reminisce as to what is impressive about HD.
The best thing about PD is the people in the Forums !!!
Win-7 Ultimate, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Intel Core i7-980X, 12-GBs DDR3, Intel X25-M 160GB SDD, Asus nVidia GeForce GTX580 (1), Dell U3011 Monitor, Canon HF100 and HF-S21