Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Here is that drop down bar I was talking about

I already have PowerDVD 10 installed to try it out and uninstalled PowerDVD 9. I had every update of PowerDVD 9 and the DVD-Audio worked fine. Make sure you have the ultra version and in the option menu some where there is a drop down bar to select video or audio mode for DVD-A discs. Check out this screen shot

Do you see the MLP icon. That the audio codec for DVD-Audio. Its pretty much the same thing as TrueHD so there is no reason for it to be removed from future versions. Check to see if you see that icon. If it is missing maybe your version doesn't support it. After updating to PowerDVD 10 I no longer see it. Also make sure you don't have your speaker environment set to S/PDIF. As far as I know, that setting doesn't work with DVD-Audio. I don't have an HDMI option to try that out so I have mine set to 8 channel speakers.
Its like PS3, it plays blu-rays and looses other features with each update.
Quote: Hi,

PowerDVD 9 & 10 do not support DVD-Audio.

Br
Michael

PowerDVD 9 ran DVD-Audio discs just fine for me so that is a flat out false. I've played many discs in it in MLP mode and even had the drop down switch for DVD video/audio in the options menu. The losing HD-DVD I can deal with. I only had 2 of them and Warner Brothers actually let me swap for Blu-ray versions of those titles. I have many DVD-A discs and support for them is the only reason I haven't switched over to Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre which a much better player over all (no extra unless fluff) so unless this matter is this matter is patched our relationship is over.
Is it true PowerDVD 10 no longer plays DVD-Audio discs in DVDA mode?
Is it possible to playback NTSC film DVDs at 24p in PowerDVD?
I have this problem with hardware deinterlacing turned on. Has there been a fix released for it yet?
Not that I know of. I have an NForce 780i mother board and as far as I know the network drivers for those are by Nvidia.
I downloaded the 2227 update patch for Power 9 and when I run it I get a pop up window that reads. "Error!! the product definitation file lost."
PowerDVD 8 and lower use to have a folder in the registry for the resume status of each disc, however in PowerDVD 9 its no longer there. Does anyone know were version 9 stores its data so it knows where to resume each disc. I've watched a lot of movies since my update to 9 so I'm sure this information is taking up space some where on my hard drive.
I'm having the same exact problem. Started with PowerDVD 8 and is continuing to happen in PowerDVD 9. Happened with a fresh install of Vista x64 SP1 and is still happening after a fresh install of Vista x64 SP2.
Here is my crash log from Vista x64

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PowerDVD8.exe
Application Version: 8.0.2214.0
Application Timestamp: 48f4a7f7
Fault Module Name: cvmi.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.3325
Fault Module Timestamp: 48db8da1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00068a42
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
I have Dark Knight, Sleeping Beauty and Casion Royal (2 disc version). All discs have BD-Live support and I'm pretty sure they have BD-J as well Whenever I try to play Sleeping Beauty and Casion Royal in PowerDVD 7 or 8 they just close PowerDVD when I click play. Dark Knight plays the opening FBI warning, WB logo and shows the MPAA's PG-13 rating screen and then closes the program. All my order Blu-ray discs without BD-Live and BD-J play fine and I updated to the lastest versions of PowerDVD. There is No pop up warning or error message so I have no idea what the problem can be. Can anyone please help?
Go to: