Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 and DVD-Audio discs
[Post New]
Is it true PowerDVD 10 no longer plays DVD-Audio discs in DVDA mode?
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2010 12:49 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
From what i understand that's true ,i'm having the same problem in PowerDVD 9 ,i've been back and for to them over it one department says it's been sent to a higher department where they're working on it probably over 6 months and Michael from cyberlink told me it's not supported anymore ,but it clearly stated on the website that it did and in the instruction manual i had with shows clearly on page 5 that it does support DVD-Audio,still going back and for ,waiting for Michael to get back to me again.Please see file attatched ,taken from website as proof it's supposed to be supported
 Filename
power dvd audio proof.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Taken from cyberpower website ,kept as proof
 Filesize
294 bytes
 Downloaded:
523 time(s)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

PowerDVD 9 & 10 do not support DVD-Audio.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi michael ,where do we go from here then ?,as it stated on your website and page 5 of the instruction manual that it does support DVD-Audio ,so can i have a free upgrade or will you help get me a refund from amazon.co.uk as it's not fit for the purpose.And having bought it nearly 10 1/2 months ago can see me having problems getting a refund for it.Also why does Customer Support: vcAjay keep saying it's been esculated to a higher department for further analysis every time i contact him?why hasn't the higher department pointed out it's not supported.
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

PowerDVD 9 & 10 do not support DVD-Audio.

Br
Michael

PowerDVD 9 ran DVD-Audio discs just fine for me so that is a flat out false. I've played many discs in it in MLP mode and even had the drop down switch for DVD video/audio in the options menu. The losing HD-DVD I can deal with. I only had 2 of them and Warner Brothers actually let me swap for Blu-ray versions of those titles. I have many DVD-A discs and support for them is the only reason I haven't switched over to Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre which a much better player over all (no extra unless fluff) so unless this matter is this matter is patched our relationship is over.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2010 11:40

Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
power dvd 9 will not run DVD-Audio discs on my pc ,i can get dolby digital or dts no problem but even after factory reseting pc and new install of power dvd it will not show the tracks on the menu screen ,cyberpower keep saying they are investigating it ,but michael is now saying it's not supported anymore i bought the boxed version just after it came out and it's never been playable see inclosed screen shots of power dvd with no hi res options available
[Thumb - cyberlink-hotel california.JPG]
 Filename
cyberlink-hotel california.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
142 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
504 time(s)
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just found this webpage of cyberpowers,google it and see for yourself-http://www.powerdvd.com-http.com/main-functions.html. It clearly states supports DVD-Audio ,so what Michael's saying it's either false advertising on their part as it was also printed on pg 5 of the instruction manual or it should support it and the products faulty .It plays ok on my win dvd 5 software on this pc so not the pc.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Paul,

I doubt that this is a CyberLink website the domain is "com-http.com"....

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael ,have you checked the website ,it looks genuine to me cyberpower logo etc ,the com-http.com is an extension to the correct page .please can you check to confirm if it is genuine or not.
[Post New]
Hi Paul,

no - the "com-http.com" is the domain.

the right part *.com is the top level domain.
the next part is the subdomain of *com.
each part between "." is another subdomain..

please also refer to :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name

Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2010 12:08

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael ,did you check to see if it was the genuine site or not. If not this came from the genuine site before it changed to version 10 -Playback interface - Vista Media Player with PowerDVD SE Vista decoder Play with PowerDVD Play with PowerDVD
Codec formats MPEG-2, MPEG-2 HD MPEG-2, MPEG-2 HD, WMV-HD, DVD-VR, DVD+VR Bly-Ray, Interactive Menus, AVCHD, MPEG-4 AVC(H.264), MPEG-2, MPEG-2 HD, WMV-HD, SMPTE VC-1, DVD-Audio, DivX Pro, CPRM, VCPS, DVD-VR, DVD+VR .So if you're saying it's not supported why did it say so on the website and on page 5 of the instruction manual?.
[Post New]
Its like PS3, it plays blu-rays and looses other features with each update.
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
@RaMDaY i have the original early version on disc from amazon not long after it came out and tried every update since .What build version is yours?,and can you post a screen shot of a disc showing the hi rez option to choose from please.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Just thought I would add this:

Paul wrote:
Just found this webpage of cyberpowers,google it and see for yourself-http://www.powerdvd.com-http.com/main-functions.html. It clearly states supports DVD-Audio ,so what Michael's saying it's either false advertising on their part as it was also printed on pg 5 of the instruction manual or it should support it and the products faulty .It plays ok on my win dvd 5 software on this pc so not the pc.

When I copied and pasted this link my Norton 360 gave me the message that this website was unsafe and has a total of 5 security threats.

Here is the link to the full report by Norton regarding this webpage:
http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=com-http.com

IT CLEARLY has NOTHING to do with Cyberlink.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2010 12:24

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kevin ,thanks for that ,i use Kaspersky internet security and showed up no threats when visiting it also i have AVG free which shows if there's a problem on the site before you visit and since scanned the pc with eset from their website and no problems found .So can only assume that norton may be wrong as these three security software suites nearly always rate highly in independant tests .But will scan pc tomorrow with the norton online scan to see what if anything showes up.But still begs the question why it says on page 5 of the instruction manual that came with the disc that it supports DVD-Audio .
[Post New]
I already have PowerDVD 10 installed to try it out and uninstalled PowerDVD 9. I had every update of PowerDVD 9 and the DVD-Audio worked fine. Make sure you have the ultra version and in the option menu some where there is a drop down bar to select video or audio mode for DVD-A discs. Check out this screen shot

Do you see the MLP icon. That the audio codec for DVD-Audio. Its pretty much the same thing as TrueHD so there is no reason for it to be removed from future versions. Check to see if you see that icon. If it is missing maybe your version doesn't support it. After updating to PowerDVD 10 I no longer see it. Also make sure you don't have your speaker environment set to S/PDIF. As far as I know, that setting doesn't work with DVD-Audio. I don't have an HDMI option to try that out so I have mine set to 8 channel speakers.
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ramday ,big help thanks very much ,i have the ultra version ,sound set to 6 speakers DTS and Dolby Digital tracks show and play ok on the DVD-Audio discs ,looking at your screen shot i can see the MLP it's missing on mine when i went into the settings for file association DVD-Audio VOB is ticked off ,and from what you're saying about every update and still being able to play it ,means Michael must be wrong about it not being supported anymore in version 9 .Also the tool bar in the shot you posted is the same as mine .I'm going to uninstall the latest version and install from the disc then i have 5 updates saved on pc and try them one at a time to see what happends.
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ramday,update, tried uninstalling ,done 2 different registry cleans then defragged hard drive while booting up then installed from original disc then tried it no MLP option then 3 updates one at a time still no MLP option .The funny thing is went on youtube and one video screen shot shows the MLP version like yours while another video the MLP option was missing they was both Ultra versions ,mine is 100% ultra so run out of ideas so far .
[Post New]
Here is that drop down bar I was talking about

Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ramday ,thanks again very helpfull ,my navigation option is missing the last thing i have on that menu is chapter viewer thumb nails so i'm at a loss but atleast we know Michael is wrong on the ability to play DVD-Audio ,and i can plug on at cyberpower to help find a solution to this problem .