Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power dvd 9 dvd playback problem
fechmi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2009 19:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi i installed latest version of power dvd 9 on my win 7 pc and all works fine except dvds when try to play any dvd all i see is a bad green pic i tried different setting but nothing i have the latest vga drivers ( nvidia 186.81)
i have geforce 8400M GS wich is supported by power dvd whats wrong
however this not happen when play other multimedia files like divx.

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Fechmi,

to workaround the issue I would suggest you disable the Pure Video DXVA (Hardware acceleration) in "Settings" > "Video" - please let me know if it works

Michael
ToniP678 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2009 04:07 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Had the same problem.
After a re-install of the latest DirectX the green screen was gone and had not reappeared yet.
Stefan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2008 00:45 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same Problem
I found out, that is an Problem with the Hardware-Deinterlacer. Then you turn off the Hardware-Deinterlacers under Video-Options, the Player works korrekt.
I don't know, if this is a bug of PDVD or the Nvidia Drivers.
I have tested with the 191.x Driver and the Beta 195.x, but nothing works.

With Windows 7, it isn't possible to reinstall Direct X.

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Stefan,

what VGA do you use?

BR
Michael
Stefan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2008 00:45 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I use a ASUS GTX280 Grafikcard with a resolution of 1024 x 768

I hope that can help.
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2009 17:04 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem, and I don't think it's nVidia's doing.

What I've done is to re-install PowerDVD 7 deluxe to an alternate directory. Version 7 uses nVidia's hardware acceleration with no problems. 7 deluxe for DVD, 9 ultra for BD.

It's not exactly ideal, but if you own an older version as well as 9, it works...
[Post New]
I have this problem with hardware deinterlacing turned on. Has there been a fix released for it yet?
Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2009 21:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem, on Windows 7 64-bit using older sharp LCD TV that only supports 1080i. If I disable hardware acceleration and use software deinterlacing, I can play back everything but Blu-ray discs. Blu-ray discs automatically enable hardware acceleration and hardware deinterlacing and grays out the boxes so it is impossible to change it. Thus, I cannot play blu-ray at all on this computer. If I go to my other computer with a display that supports 1080p, all is fine for blu-ray playback.
How do you prevent PDVD from enabling hardware acceleration and hardware deinterlacing?

(I'm using Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard with ATI Radeon 4200 display driver to a sharp aquos LC-45GD6U TV.)