Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I understand what your saying but it us not unheard of. I also will reiterate that if you purchase and reinstall powerdvd 9 and start using their current player you could watch the movie in about 30 min from start to finish. You just need to remember that if you use the upgrade do it from site after uninstalling current version. Just cost me $56.00 to do that and i'm cheap as I have mentioned before, so i will wait and netflix won't even notice. It cost money to be at the cutting edge you can't buy a program and expect it to last forever. Same if you try to save money and buy and old version.
You are correct about that todd. The only problem is that he said he upgraded to 8 then 9. There in lies the problem. There is something with powerdvd which is not upgrade freindly, if you look around you see that there are all sorts of problems with upgrades. Then you read further and you will notice that the fix is to uninstall and reinstall the newer version fresh from the server. This works almost everytime. So am still correct, but is alright im used to it. Second,a new codec for the newer blu-rays is not much more than another option. kind of like the difference between am and fm radio. Both are similar, yet they are differnt enough that they require different recievers ie. drivers. Being that you can watch the old blu-rays just not the new.
: : : : : : : : : :
right on jeremiah finally someone who understands that powerdvd still is top of the line if you stay up to date. and get a solid download. Cyberlink may not be the easiest to work with, but i am still yet to find something that delivers better quality (when all up to date). You here guys talking about all these free version they are try, but i bet they are running the same way a component blu-ray works. there is a reason it does not have to be upgraded it just down grades the quality of the movie tho a level it can understand. If i'm gonna use bluray i want to be getting its full potental. Not just what my player will allow.
Really thats amazing cause out of all the post out here i have not seen anyone that is running powerdvd 9 complaining about compatability. Amazingly it is just us poor slobs that haven't upgraded yet. i.e. simons post above. Therefore i conclude that if we where not behind the times we would have been able to watch it already. If there was no differrence between the versions why the new releases. why do they not just cont. to update versionn 1.0. No need to escalate to version 9. oh right thatts because powerdvd 9 is the latest and greatest. it is the way the world go round. The fact that you download someone elses brand new version and it works roves my point, being that i would bet you purchase a 4 year old program from them. bet you paid more than 50 bucks to which is all it would cost me to get 9, except i am a cheap bastard and if i can wait another week and save a couple dollars i will.
so again you just need to get over your rant. especially since you aren't even using the product anymore

Is simple amazing how some one can complain that some thong isn't top of the line like they paid for. Then three lines later you find out they are running version 7.3 which you can correct if im wrong is a 4 year old program, not exactly cutting edge tech. Lucky it still works truthfully should be happy they even suppoort it when the have 3 version that have been released since then.
So as i stated in my other reply get over yourself. If your running less than powerdvd 9 it is not the latest and greatest, simple fact.
That is why they offer a special price for those of us who keep up to date. I will eventually upgrade just to maintain this privallage. After all we do still live in a capitalist society. Even if not for long.
maybe if you were specific on your ticket you would get a response and some action.

I put in a support ticket sun nite. Had first response when i got home mon. Responded to the questions they stil had that nite. Tuesday when i got home the response posted above was waiting for me. It was not instantaneous but i didn't stare at the screen waiting for a response either.

Try dealing with mocrosoft some day, and heaven forbid you lose the product key took me 3 mons to sort that one out. Therefore "TWO WEEKS" for an update isn't that bad.

So in conclusion get over yourself TOODLES
May not work but sometimes your best to just dump whole program and to reinstall fresh. should update to most current version during install.
you all need to relax alittle you go out and purchase equiptment and software for a rapidly progessing media and compain cause its not instintanious. If you want to have cutting edge technology you have to ride the wave as it goes through. Doesnt matter how hard you fight the current your still gonna end up in the same place. Don't blame the software writers because hollywood can't pick a format and stick with it for a while. Besides 6 months per update isnt that bad. You could be using a component style blu-ray an dit would seem as if it worked better, only thing is it will be downgrading the experience to something it can handle. In conclusion you need to suck it up children and enjoy the movie in its full glory after you get you the next update trust me in the end it is well worth it. Even if it can be frustraiong as hell at times.
ladies and gentleman i have an announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have escalated your issue, regarding play ing of X-men origins: Wolverine. Product and Development team informed that, disc has a

disclaimer that it is using the newest version of Blu-ray software and warns that I need to update to that version. They will be relasing

patch for the PowerDVD 9, which make PowerDVD 9 compatible with the newest Blu-ray software. The patch will be relased in the first week of

October'09

maybe instead of spending time whinning on the forum you should learn how to use support functions.

thank you cyberlink staff for your speedy service and prompt response on the SUPPORT TICKETS I sent in
Go to: