Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New X-men blu ray disc weird screen
Samuel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2008 23:38 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought the new X men and when it started to play the screen was out of picture like its on satellite and the picture is in different colors with little pixels everywhere. I have the most recent update so I have no idea what it could be. I also have power DVD 7 Ultra. This is the only movie that has given me problems so far. Any help.
Clarence [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2009 00:44 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the exact same problem except my disc is from Netflix.
Samuel [Avatar]
[Post New]
I feel some relief now lol. Maybe they brought out a faulty batch but it would be nice if their is an answer to this.
Alfie414 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2009 17:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same issue....drove me nuts....I contacted tech support and they told me to install the 3017 patch....which killed my original PowerDVD 8 Ultra install.

I then since I am still waiting for tech support to resolve the issue....found that, after trying Acrsoft Totalmedia Theatre, that the issue is definately the PowerDVD software....and since I have now tried installing the patch on two machines and they both are useless now...I may go to them soon.

The issues went away with up-to-date working software.....I was afraid it was a firmware issue with my LG GGC-H20L BLuray/HDDVD drive.....thank god it wasn't the firmware!!
Clarence [Avatar]
[Post New]
[quote=Alfie414]I had the same issue....drove me nuts....I contacted tech support and they told me to install the 3017 patch....which killed my original PowerDVD 8 Ultra install.

I then since I am still waiting for tech support to resolve the issue....found that, after trying Acrsoft Totalmedia Theatre, that the issue is definately the PowerDVD software....and since I have now tried installing the patch on two machines and they both are useless now...I may go to them soon.

The issues went away with up-to-date working software.....I was afraid it was a firmware issue with my LG GGC-H20L BLuray/HDDVD drive.....thank god it wasn't the firmware!![/quote]

When tech support advised you to install the 3017 patch this was for PowerDvd 8, correct? The OP and myself are using version 7.3. I also use a nividia graphics card. Anybody with an ATI graphics card having this problem?
Todd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2009 17:08 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have an ATI graphics card and am having the same problem. I can not play the new x-men movie it looks like it is scrambled. I will never use cyber link for anything again. It is sad when you pay 200+ dollars for a player and can't even play a movie. Not to mention that to call cyberlink support they charge an extra 29.95. this is the worst service i have come across in a long time. Cyberlink wake up and do right by your customers if you expect to survive.
Todd [Avatar]
[Post New]
well, i'm tired of messing with cyberlink they obviously do not check the forums and do not care about their customers. I am uninstalling the software and going to another company. This, way below average, customer service is going to drive them out of business in my opinion. There is no way in hell i'm going to pay $30 to talk to a service rep and they don't reply to forums so its good by cyberlink.
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2009 19:10 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Having the same issues with Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 build 3017 (drive is LG GBC-H20L, video card is nVidia GTX 260). Arcsoft Totalmedia Theatre (platinum trial version) has problems too, though instead of pixelation, frames are dropped. *sigh*
Samuel [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have an ATI 4870x2 and this is the only blu ray that is giving me problems there was another movie that stopped half way through but that was resolved this is just plain out dumb. I am going to try out windvd to see if it works and if it does bye bye cyberlink.
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2008 22:33 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
ladies and gentleman i have an announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have escalated your issue, regarding play ing of X-men origins: Wolverine. Product and Development team informed that, disc has a

disclaimer that it is using the newest version of Blu-ray software and warns that I need to update to that version. They will be relasing

patch for the PowerDVD 9, which make PowerDVD 9 compatible with the newest Blu-ray software. The patch will be relased in the first week of

October'09

maybe instead of spending time whinning on the forum you should learn how to use support functions.

thank you cyberlink staff for your speedy service and prompt response on the SUPPORT TICKETS I sent in
Todd [Avatar]
[Post New]
First off let me say i went to the forums after i spent 3 days puting in tickets. Secondly why should we have to wait 3 weeks after the BD is out to get an updated version of the software to run it when all the other companies have it available the day the BD comes out. Thirdly if you would read the forums and not skim over them you would know that just about everyone here has put in ticket. and if you think that waiting till the first week in OCT for the update is speedy service then i feel sorry for you.
Andrew [Avatar]
[Post New]
maybe if you were specific on your ticket you would get a response and some action.

I put in a support ticket sun nite. Had first response when i got home mon. Responded to the questions they stil had that nite. Tuesday when i got home the response posted above was waiting for me. It was not instantaneous but i didn't stare at the screen waiting for a response either.

Try dealing with mocrosoft some day, and heaven forbid you lose the product key took me 3 mons to sort that one out. Therefore "TWO WEEKS" for an update isn't that bad.

So in conclusion get over yourself TOODLES
Christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2009 21:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I too am having this trouble with PowerDVD Ultra 7.3. I have also put in a support ticket.

@Andrew - Thanks for letting us know that they have noticed this issue, however I hope that they patch 7.3 as well as 9. And I am somewhat surprised at how long updates take, two weeks is a issue when you have rented a movie and would like to get you money's worth by watching it. Especially several weeks after it was released.
Andrew [Avatar]
[Post New]
I understand what your saying but it us not unheard of. I also will reiterate that if you purchase and reinstall powerdvd 9 and start using their current player you could watch the movie in about 30 min from start to finish. You just need to remember that if you use the upgrade do it from site after uninstalling current version. Just cost me $56.00 to do that and i'm cheap as I have mentioned before, so i will wait and netflix won't even notice. It cost money to be at the cutting edge you can't buy a program and expect it to last forever. Same if you try to save money and buy and old version.
Christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2009 21:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: i'm cheap... It cost money to be at the cutting edge

Don't I hate how these things don't go together very well!!
Christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2008 20:51 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I understand what your saying but it us not unheard of. I also will reiterate that if you purchase and reinstall powerdvd 9 and start using their current player you could watch the movie in about 30 min from start to finish. You just need to remember that if you use the upgrade do it from site after uninstalling current version. Just cost me $56.00 to do that and i'm cheap as I have mentioned before, so i will wait and netflix won't even notice. It cost money to be at the cutting edge you can't buy a program and expect it to last forever. Same if you try to save money and buy and old version.

Andrew, I did exactly as you did and it still won't work. I even reinstalled my graphics driver just in case. I have another support ticket to see if they have any more ideas. I unisnstalled it and then reinstalled....still nothing.
Clarence [Avatar]
[Post New]
An update for 7.3 (5711) was just released, hopefully this is the fix we have all been waiting for. The update is available when you play a blu ray movie, not as a manual download.