Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So the rotate option within PD is not reliable for video? These rotated files aren't necessarily the ones that hang when produced. Is the rotate option mainly for still pics then?
After freeing up disk space to be over 100Gb (130Gb free to be exact) and updating the video drivers, not much changed as far as getting a clean image with no video hang. I did have a little more success (in relevant terms, that is) in choosing a different SVRT option (one that forces everything to be rendered). But that just reduced the number of clips that froze to 3. Not sure if that was just pure luck that only 3 froze this time or if it has any meaning. I have now spent about 10x the amount of time I should have on this. Other than the suggested option of getting a new machine, I have run out of options to try that I know of with my existing machine.

Just a suggestion to the Cyberlink folks from a Director of QA at a software company...I would rather have PD error stating that not enough resources are available or that it couldn't create a 100% successfully clean image than to create an image where video is hanging with no warning/error of any kind to let the user know. Again, just my opinion...others may have differing opinions.
Thanks for the info. I'll see if these suggestions provide any relief and will post if they do. If not, then yes, might be time to get a new box.
Thanks for the reply. Here is the info you requested:

1. Is this a registered version or TRAIL?

It is a registered version purchased and downloaded about 2 weeks ago.

2. PART A - PD version build:

PowerDirector Deluxe 10.0.0.1129a

PART B - DxDiag Info:

See Attached.

Again, thanks. Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Need some help here. This is my 4th year working with PD. Previously used PD7 to create DVD's with a menu. Now have upgraded to PD10 using a Win7 box with 4Gb memory.

I have created my project using a mixture of .MOD (JVC Everio), .AVI (Fujitsu camera), .MOV (iphone 4) files. The project is about an hour long. I have had to rotate some of the .MOD and .AVI files. When I generate the file (got tired of burning thru disks) and play it back, my frustration level just escalates as some files just hang of the video while the audio continues like normal. It seems to be quite random as different generates yields different clips hanging. I have gone thru all clips and set the TV Format to Interlacing so that they are all the same. They were a mixure of Interlacing and Progressive before.

I have tried with both Shadow files on and off....no luck. I have turned on the Show SVRT track and it has a mixture of some videos needed rendering and some not. I have used PD10's default suggestion.

I have even completed rebuilt my project (quite time consuming) to build it in a chronological matter...doesn't seem to make much difference.

I have searched thru the Forums here but can't seem to find what I am looking for...hence the new post.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated as I am just stumped as to what to try next.
Update,
the PowerDirector 7 burned DVD runs perfectly on a new DVD Player vs the ones I had that were 6 years old. Guess I need to keep more up to date with technology.
Sorry for the delay in replying. Found out some more info since. After the frustration of it not working in 2 DVD players, I did write it to the hard disk. I have found I have much more luck in burning to the hard disk after a fresh reboot and disabling McAfee with PowerDVD the only thing running.

It does run perfectly running from the hard drive (actually ran it in Microsoft Media Player and/or Nero). Performed a burn to a disk and got the same hanging results with the DVD players in the house. So thinking that these DVD players might be too dang old now (the two are probably 6+ years and 8+ years), I took it out to our 2006 Acura MDX with a DVD player in it and it ran perfectly on it with no freezes, glitches, etc.

These DVD players are Sony and play previously burned DVDs with Nero before as well as any movie we choose to play on it. But this is the first time with a PowerDVD compiled video.

Another note is that as soon as the disc got burned I re-inserted it and played it on my computer. Playing it from the disc yielded mixed results at best as it didn't freeze up but I would notice at the places that the old players freeze, it would be choppy or a slight delay.

So, three assumptions:
1) either my burner that came with the Dell Tower is not as good as it used to be (drivers are up to date) and the older DVD players can't make up for the lack of perfect burning and the newer one in the Acura covers it
or
2) I need to purchase a newer DVD player for home use....
or
3) possibly both.

Still would hate to purchase these 2 items (burner and new DVD player) if it is just something I am overlooking. These DVDs will be going to family so would hate for them to not be able to play them as well.

Also, will perform the memory test you mentioned just as a precaution.

Thanks.
The media (both DVD disc and DVD burner) I am using has had success burning past videos with Nero. I even have tried writing to disk and then using Nero Express to burn to the DVD.

Trying your concept of burning at a slower speed, I attempted to modify the recording speed property to something lower than 8x. It doesn't seem to want to save that setting as each time I open it back up it has reset to 8x.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do. I want to use this software but it doesn't seem to want to be successful with my attempts. I know I am knew to it but not new to Video authoring with other software.

I guess my next step is to totally remove all transitions (I even used another besides the Fade) and see if that works.
Thanks Dreven for the reply. This seems to spill over to my produced product in that the DVD hangs in a player. So do you use anther transition or just use no transitions at all?
I too am having transition issues. My transition issues go one step further in that either during my fade-out transitions, some (but not all) are choppy. They are all the same 2 second fade-in and out transition to clips that are quite longer than 2 seconds (most are 30 seconds and longer). After burning to a DVD, the video actually hangs. In addition, it will hang on some text displays at the exit of the text. Again, not all of them. I have yet to find a pattern. This happens on several DVD players.
Go to: