Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mark,

I'm dealing with this issue now. I have nice, clear VOB source files but the video quality of my finished product (MPG) burnt to DVD is pixely and just not good.

I'm trying to get CyberLink costumer support to provide tips (change settings?) to enhance the quality but all they keep telling me is that my display driver isn't updated (and it is).

Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated!!!
There are 4 vob files that create, 3 appear to be the source files and the fourth a combined file. So I copied those files to DVD using the regular Windows Explorer Burn function and the disc won't load in my dvd player. Not sure if I completely understand your advice.
I had all very similar symptoms. Vista, Core 2 duo 1.66ghz cpu, etc., etc.

While producing, my encoding would hang at 25%. While burning straight to disc it would hang at 39%. Customer Support gave me all the same tips (selective start up mode, delete unnecessary files, etc.) but still the same results.

My video was 50 minutes long and I was successful in breaking the project into three smaller projects. I noted where the original project hung (approx the 14th minute) during production then created a copy of the project that ended one minute before the hang point. (00:00:00 to 00:13:00)

After stripping out the first 13 minutes I attempted to produce the final 37 minutes. It hung at the 21st minute. So I created a second project that ended at the 20th minute (which would represent 00:13:00 to 00:33:00 of the original copy)

After stripping out the first 13 and then the other 20 minutes, I created a project with the remaining 17 minutes which sucessfully encoded to the end.

Therefore I had three projects and three .mpg files.
00:00:00 - 00:13:00 copy 1 of 3
00:13:00 - 00:33:00 copy 2 of 3
00:33:00 - 00:50:00 copy 3 of 3

I dropped all three mpg files into yet another project, created a menu and successfully burned to disc.

It's not perfect but I hope it helps. I know it can be very frustrating.
I've created three projects using .VOB files from mini-dvd's and encoded them using MPEG2.

Then, I used the three MPG files to create a consolidated project to burn onto DVD. In "Create Disc Preferences" I used the Video Quality DVD HQ.

I was NOT impressed with the video quality with the DVD output. It was nowhere near the quality of the original .VOB files.

Are there any tips to getting the best quality video output?
Adrian,

Thank you for the advice!
CyberLink actually sent me the latest upgrade 700.2277c yet I still have the issue. As you suggested, I broke my project into 3 sub-projects, encoded them, then compiled them into one and I was actually able to finish my project!

I appreciate that you took the time to help.
Thank you for the response and suggestions. Here's what I've found:

1. I removed the audio files (3 partial songs) from the pds and got the same result (stalled at 25%)
2. I then split the pds into two separate projects. The first pds is from 00:00:00 to 13:00:00. I chose the 13th minute as this was approximately where the encoding process had been locking up. I was able to successfully encode this section.
3. While encoding the second section, the process locked up at approximately the 34th minute. I further split the second section into two other projects and was able to successfully encode these two as well.

So basically, its not the audio files causing the problem. And there's nothing at all special about the two places in the video where the application locks up during encoding (no audio, subtitles, effects, etc.) It appears to have something to do with the lenght and/or size of the video in that my PC's CPU/GPU can't keep up with the encoding process.

The problem again is that if this is the problem, I'm working with a laptop and therefore am unable to upgrade the graphics card.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've been trying to encode my first video project in PowerDirector 7 but the application continues to lock up EVERY time it reaches 25% complete. I have merged/trimmed three .vob video files, added some audio tracks and ended with a slideshow. I then go to the Produce tab, select Create a File, then select one 6 file output versions. No matter which format I select, the application shuts down at 25% complete. No matter what Cyberlink customer support suggests, I still get stuck at 25%. I've also tried to create a dvd folder first with no luck. So now customer support is telling me my graphics card isn't sufficient. I find this all odd since I was successfully able to create/encode/burn virtually the same project using the trial version. Though I believe I'm stuck with the media cards I have since I'm working on a laptop I feel I more than meet the system requirements:

250 GB hard drive
3 GB RAM
1.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo Processor

The cpu is the only requirement I'm not sure I meet.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!
Go to: