Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm hoping someone can help me find a way to set things up to prevent the following annoyance.

I have a series of pictures, each with a pan of some sort (left to right, etc.) and just prior to the transition the movement across the pictures stops and then the transition occurs. It is annoying as I would like the transistion to occur while the pan hasn't stopped (as it creates a jerky viewing experience). I've tried extending the duration of the slides and that doesn't appear to help.

Any ideas?
Well it seems its related to the durations. I've set the pictures to the same duration in advance of the video and the audio is now synced up with the video. I'll continue to play with one or two custom durations and see if that proves the theory.
I have PowerDirector 7.0.2519.
Running XP.

I have a series of pictures mixed with snippets of video (AVI). The first AVI is about 7 minutes into the "show" and the audio for that first video shows up about a minute in advance of when it should. (This is not blueray or anything by the way)
This out of sync happens when I watch the movie right from the start in addition to when starting midway. Note that this is even before burning the DVD.

I have removed the video clips from the timeline and have pulled them back in and re-saved to see if that helps. It hasn't. I have also restarted my computer and loaded the project fresh and that hasn't helped.

In case it helps to identify the problem: For the pictures showing in advance of the video I have used non-default durations and have used motion designer to have custom panning within each picture. The show also starts with a title. Each picture has a transition.

Any ideas?
Good day,
I'm new to PowerDirector, so hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question.

I would like the effect on viewing a picture to simply move left to right, right or right to left during the duration of the showing of that picture (so it isn't static). Windows movie maker does this extremely simply and that's all I need to do but can't find a way in Power Director 7. There are many effects to visually change the image, but all I want is to pan across the image as it shows. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Greg in Calgary.
Go to: