Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I got so caught up in my program crashing/losing my file to no-man's-land that I forgot to thank you kind folk in helping me learn these things.

So, Thank you.

Oh, and when there are short clips and transitions, it's really hard to make sure I click the right one. Is there a way to make things bigger down in the timeline? That way I can be sure I'm highlighting the transition and not my 20 second clip?

LOL, I'm always full of questions...

Laura
Quote: the first main thing is to uninstall and reinstall PD - it seems to reset everything within the 'new' environment.

Thanks, Adrian. I'm just terribly frustrated. It's always something that seems to go wrong.

OK, so if I uninstall/reinstall, is it going to mess up since I'm still on the 30 day trial for it? I don't want to go ahead and purchase it until I've done a few more projects. I have 24 more days left on my trial.

Thanks once again,
Laura
Quote: You need to value your work to have a "fall back" besides relying on the *.bak file.

Dafydd

I renamed my *.bak file, and it opened - with my finished work! WHEW!

However, as I said, I *was* saving my work, *not* relying on the *.bak file - but MY WHOLE FILE DISAPPEARED! And I know it had been saving because I had closed out the program several times (or got booted out), and had to go to my file over and over. This last time, however, it just went *poof* and disappeared into obliteren! I just don't understand that!

Even though losing work may be common, is it common for this program to crash several times in a couple of hours?

Thanks for the help, at least I got my work back. Maybe I'll try another project - and save every 5 minutes with a sequential number (*1.pds, *2.pds, etc.) It seems excessive, but I just don't know what else I can do. If one of those files disappear, at least I *should* have another to fall back on!

Discouraged,
Laura
I just spent HOURS on a 3 minute movie. (Don't laugh - I'm new!)

The stupid program is often crashing on me. "PD has stopped working..." SO...I've been saving often, even rebooting my computer.

I was all done. I had just saved about 2 minutes before (by hitting the little disk icon.) Before preparing to export the file into something usable, I hit the 'save' button again. It crashed. I pulled up the program again (like several times before) and I tried pulling it up under 'recent files'. I clicked on the file - and it told me file not found! I look in my folder, and sure enough, it wasn't there!

I did a search on my computer, and found a file FileName.pds.bak I tried to pull it up, and it was completely blank.

I'm heartbroken! Has anyone have this happen to them? Is there any way to get my hard work back? This was my 2nd time finishing it, since the first time I was almost done, and it crashed, and I hadn't saved.

I'm still using the trial version, but was all prepared to purchase the full version. However, if this is going to happen, I may have to look for another program. This bums me out, because in spite of the difficulties, I am liking the ease of use of this program!

Yes, my computer has the proper system requirements.

So...where's my file? and what about the program crashing?

Laura[i]
I had several movie clips, some of them merely seconds long, and used the "apply random transitions to all" button. Well, I did that prematurely, and added a few more clips to my project. I'm having difficulty 1) selecting just the transitions to delete and 2) putting new transitions between added clips.

I'm still new at this.

Is there a way to delete ALL the transitions that are there right now, so I can start over with that part?

Thanks,
Laura
Adrian,

Thank you so much! I could (almost) kiss you!!!!

I'm liking this program, there's just a learning curve for a video virgin like me! Thank you for being so patient.

I'm sure you haven't hard the last from me.

Oh, I do have one more, general question. I find that there are quite a bit of times that it seems to 'hang' for a few seconds before I can do another function (i.e. click/drag an effect to a pic, wait 5-6 seconds before I can click on another one for another pic.) Is that something with the program? Or my computer? A review I read said that 'pauses' were a problem with them, too.

Thanks again!
Laura
OK...

Thank you. I did the file streaming, chose wmv as my file formatting, it went through and did it, I was able to push "play" in the little window, and it was fine...but where did it go? I can't seem to find the file anywhere so I can even check to see how big it is!

I feel like such a moron!javascript:emoticon('');

Help!

Laura
I've been playing around with PowerDirector 7 (trial version) today. This is my very first attempt to do any kind of video editing (just got my first video camera.)

I know it's not perfect, but I'm happy with it for my first try!

But now I'm lost. I want to put it on my blog, that is restricted to just my family/friends. I do not want to use YouTube.

So....

I don't know what to do with the movie. I have it saved the file, but it is a pds file. I need it to be something else. ??? avi? mov? wmv? I'm not even sure.

Can you help a floundering newbie? I've been through the help files, and see that I can put it into a wmv file, but I can't find where it tells me how to do it.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Laura
Go to: