Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I found a solution.

My problem was that I had converted my Vob files (from my camcorder) into mpeg files using power director.

Full Story

Power director kept crashing when I tried to edit the Vob file. I had read that a vob file was just like a mpg file. I had also read that simply changing the extention from .vob into .mpg would do the conversion. THIS IS FALSE.

I discovered a free product from badgerIT that converts the files from vob to mpg (I think its called VobtoMpg).

I converted 2 of my discs using this free product and then discovered that powerdirector offered this option by saving the file as a mpeg2.

My file played fine on power director but when I put it on DVD. The same scenes would display a green/blue fuzz (small squares) then it would freeze for about 10 seconds.

I decided to use badgerIT product again re edit the scenes again and this fixed the problem.

Hope this helps some1
Hi Pjc,

When I play the burnt DVD in DVD player connected to the TV I get the blue dots and the freeze. This happens on 2 seperate DVD players. When I play it on the DVD player in the PC it works fine.

The version saved in on the PC works fine too.

If it's a rendering problem what can I do?

Any other idea's?
Thanks I've burned it on 6 (slowest speed). When I go back into the menu it has reset the speed to 8 thoughso I am unsure if I am burning at 8 or 6.

I don't quite understand this:

Also try creating a DVD folder and playing it off the HDD using your PC based DVD player to make sure it is a burn problem not a rendering problem.

Do you mean to test it will play as a file on the HDD using media player?

Hi, I have a disk with a film with 37 minutes of a home shot video. When I preview the video it looks great but on DVD it Freezes, produces blue squares on the screen.

I have used the create disk function

Video quality = Smart disk

Only using 2474 MB RAM

Is there anything left I can try?
Hi Melissa, I had the same problem as you. Unfortunately I could not find the solution I was looking for but I did come up with a simpler solution.

(Firstly I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.)

What I decided to do was make the whole thing a story.

What I wanted was 3 menus

Introduction
Main Video
Extra's

However, this does not seem to be an option. If you don't have subtitles it appears to me that you only have 2 options, play all and Chapters.

Under my play all, I have made the whole thing into a story. When the person who receives the gift sits down to watch the movie they get to watch it all at the one time. When they want to skip the introduction and go to the main feature they can go to the chapters and select the scene they want to play.

It is possible to rename the chapters (by right clicking them and selecting rename) this means that the owner of the DVD gets to either watch the whole thing or easily skip through.

I basically got far too stressed and this is the main surprise birthday present so it has to be delivered on time.
I think I have a solution for this although it is not ideal. I will require some help though.

If I make my main video chapter one and my outtakes starting from chapter 2 it would be possible for me to go into the chapter heading and just ignore chapter 1.

Questions.

1) How do I get chapter 1 to stop playing once it's finished?
2) How do I add a text screen before each chapter (outtake) like in this demo video http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sY6w3BrPERI
Like many others I am totally confused with the menu options.

I would like to have a home title page containing 3 options

* Introduction
* Play
* Outtakes

I would like the introduction to play a small 5 minute movie

I would like the Play option to play a 7 minute movie

I would like the outtakes to take me to a seperate screen with 8 outtakes.

I've searched through the help options and through this forum and I am totally confused.

I have tried blank templates and the provided tamplates. I don't know;

* How to direct a botton to open up a particular clip.
* Why a template displays 3 buttons but only gives me 2
* Why I add a button and can see it in the thumbnail but it disappears on the main screen on the right.

Please help? I need this done urgently or for a present for my aunt.
Hi, I have created two pds files. I would like to take clips from both files and create a new file. How would I do this?

I thought I could have loaded 2 at the same time?

Hi I am having problems with Power Director Delux v7.

I have not received any error messages and the program freezes rather than crashes. The freezes occur whilst trying to perform different operations and while editing different movie files.

The most common time for a Freeze is when I try to split the dvd. This is under

Multi Trim
Scene detection
(and selected) yes Split the scenes for me.

On one file it loads till 7% and then freezes. If I click cancel it displays the please wait while aborting, but nothing happens.

From task manager the program displays 'not responding' and other times it indicates that it is still running. When I end the program and retry the scene detection it will either freeze again at 7% or it will restart from 8%.

If it restarts from 8% it will complete the operation but will freeze when I try to look at the segments.

(On a different file this happend at 2%)

I have a Sony handycam DVD recorder. It records files in .Vob format.

I have deactivated my anti virus software, updated to build 2206, installed div x, checked for updates to the video card.

I have completed step A

Power Director Delux: 7.00.2206

I completed Step B

Where do I send the file?

Dell Inspiron 530
Windows Home Vista
intel core duo processor 2.33
2GB Ram
32 bit operating system
Go to: