Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 freeze.
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2008 10:04 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I am having problems with Power Director Delux v7.

I have not received any error messages and the program freezes rather than crashes. The freezes occur whilst trying to perform different operations and while editing different movie files.

The most common time for a Freeze is when I try to split the dvd. This is under

Multi Trim
Scene detection
(and selected) yes Split the scenes for me.

On one file it loads till 7% and then freezes. If I click cancel it displays the please wait while aborting, but nothing happens.

From task manager the program displays 'not responding' and other times it indicates that it is still running. When I end the program and retry the scene detection it will either freeze again at 7% or it will restart from 8%.

If it restarts from 8% it will complete the operation but will freeze when I try to look at the segments.

(On a different file this happend at 2%)

I have a Sony handycam DVD recorder. It records files in .Vob format.

I have deactivated my anti virus software, updated to build 2206, installed div x, checked for updates to the video card.

I have completed step A

Power Director Delux: 7.00.2206

I completed Step B

Where do I send the file?

Dell Inspiron 530
Windows Home Vista
intel core duo processor 2.33
2GB Ram
32 bit operating system