Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create disk produces a jumping freezing disk
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2008 10:04 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have a disk with a film with 37 minutes of a home shot video. When I preview the video it looks great but on DVD it Freezes, produces blue squares on the screen.

I have used the create disk function

Video quality = Smart disk

Only using 2474 MB RAM

Is there anything left I can try?
[Post New]
Under the configuration tab in the burn submenu you can select the slowest burn speed which might help.

Also try creating a DVD folder and playing it off the HDD using your PC based DVD player to make sure it is a burn problem not a rendering problem.
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks I've burned it on 6 (slowest speed). When I go back into the menu it has reset the speed to 8 thoughso I am unsure if I am burning at 8 or 6.

I don't quite understand this:

Also try creating a DVD folder and playing it off the HDD using your PC based DVD player to make sure it is a burn problem not a rendering problem.

Do you mean to test it will play as a file on the HDD using media player?

[Post New]
Quote: I don't quite understand this:

Do you mean to test it will play as a file on the HDD using media player?

Exactly. Trying to work out whether it is a PD render problem or a DVD burn problem. If PD creates a HDD "DVD" which plays OK you may be able to use another programme to burn this to DVD disc.
Also have you tried playing back the burnt DVD on the computer or a stand alone DVD player?
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Pjc,

When I play the burnt DVD in DVD player connected to the TV I get the blue dots and the freeze. This happens on 2 seperate DVD players. When I play it on the DVD player in the PC it works fine.

The version saved in on the PC works fine too.

If it's a rendering problem what can I do?

Any other idea's?
[Post New]
My only other suggestion is to use another programme to burn the DVD.
1. produce a HDD DVD folder using PD ie at the burn stage create DVD folder not burn to disc.
2. Use other burning software to burn the DVD eg Nero Recode

Otherwise I am out of ideas
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found a solution.

My problem was that I had converted my Vob files (from my camcorder) into mpeg files using power director.

Full Story

Power director kept crashing when I tried to edit the Vob file. I had read that a vob file was just like a mpg file. I had also read that simply changing the extention from .vob into .mpg would do the conversion. THIS IS FALSE.

I discovered a free product from badgerIT that converts the files from vob to mpg (I think its called VobtoMpg).

I converted 2 of my discs using this free product and then discovered that powerdirector offered this option by saving the file as a mpeg2.

My file played fine on power director but when I put it on DVD. The same scenes would display a green/blue fuzz (small squares) then it would freeze for about 10 seconds.

I decided to use badgerIT product again re edit the scenes again and this fixed the problem.

Hope this helps some1