Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink = $$$ Lost. Don't let anyone buy this. I purchased version 9 on 2010-06-07 just as version 10 came out. Now just over a year later they want me to buy version 11 to continue watching Blu-Ray movies. I suppose it's good that I just bought a stand alone Blu-Ray player. I've had problems with Cyberlink in the past but to completly shut out movies that are newer than June of 2011 when I've had this less than 2 years is insane. I will never intentionally buy a Cyberlink product again, and every chance I get I will make sure people know to avoid this company if they don't want the hassle and the blow to the pocketbook.

My experiance with PowerDVD 11 is getting a red screen telling me to update, going to update to find that the update will be coming soon, in the mean time buy 11, then I go to make sure I have the latest update where it says their will no longer be any updates. So $50 bucks every year and a half? Or I could just use the complementary 3D Blu-Ray player I just got with my new 3D LED TV. I'm sure I won't have to buy another one of those for quite sometime.

Sorry about your luck, if you have stock I would sell it before this company tanks like netflix did.
Thanks Denbigh, I have the latest Java but I sent the disc back, it's not worth this much trouble, I may try again some other time, but if this keeps happening I'll just buy a Sony Blu-ray disc 3D player. I've had too much trouble with this.
Netflix is a mail order movie rental company in the United States, the United States is in Blu-Ray Region A

www.netflix.com

Rentals in the United States have advertisments, and in this case are downloaded via BD Live before the menu loads, in order to keep current ads dispite when the movie is rented.

I think I will do a little research to see if the stand alone players are having any trouble and maybe contact Universal about their prints to find out why they had to change the code.

My latest guess is some type of anti-piracy switch, where it may think my machine is capable for such a task, even though it isn't.
Thank you for you're suggestion, however that did not get the menu to load.

Perhaps it worked for you as you have Windows 7 and it didn't for me as I have Windows XP

The only odd thing I notice is that it plays the Universal Opening (that clip with the word universal coming from beyond the horizon you would expect to see once you start playing the movie) comes on before the previews.

In either case it should load the menu, but the menu fails to load, and my setup is good, and the movie copies to the disc fine upon insertion, and I highly doubt after reporting an error to Netflix they would send me another bad copy.

So whatever instruction that occurs when it is initializing the menu that is incompatible with this version needs to be updated.
Anyone else have any problems with this?

I just got a replacement disc and the movie menu won't load.

After the universal logo appears it then disappears and I now have a blank screen, again.

Other movies work fine.

An update installed just before the first attempt at this. I am using the latest PDVD9 2528.51

With an Asus BD drive

I have the lastest bios and lastest NVIDIA drivers.

I have a Motorola Hardware Firewall in addition to Microsoft Firewall and Anti-virus, but if there was a problem there I'm sure the BD Live previews wouldn't have loaded.

So since my own BluRay discs will play I have to think that this rental version is not compatable with this player at the present time. And the update required to play this has yet to be released?

Any thoughts?

Everything
The latest patch became available on 10-23.

Which so far so good.
Neither Could I, Then I bought Power DVD 8 and it worked great, really great; so did Zohan. Now, when I try to watch the Hulk it says it cannot access the storage device.

Lets see how long it takes to fix.
Go to: