Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Jim...I'll give it a try.
I have tried 3 times to make a DVD (10.4gb) size file with smart fit which is suppose to fit it to a 4.7 dics. It shows a 4.6 file size to be created on the 4.7 dicx but freezes. It creates about 2/3 of the dics and goes to the "pd has encountered a problem and must shut down. Is this just too much compression for the program to handle?
thanks a bunch. I'll give it a whirl later tonight.
can't seem to find a way to fade out text on video or colored backgrounds in PD7? I've tried puting a dissolve at the beginning and end of text displayed on a background but it just pops up and stays there till my time for the video track runs out. Want to have text fade up in 2 seconds, stay up for 5 seconds, and fade out again in 2 second durtions. Looking forward to your suggestions.
two responses in less than a day. You guys are all right. don't know much about editing, but could not find out how to retrive color backgrounds even using the help section. Anyway, thanks for you help. Its nice to see this type of coorporation in a forum.
this is somewhat realted to texting issues which I'm having with PD7. I cannot find any help via the PD help section as to how to get a solid color background for which I want to add text rather than always using the provided templates which all are transparent forcing me to put the text on video. Just need to import some black, blue, etc. solid backgrounds for which I can add text and get in to dissolve up, stay on for a few seconds, and then fade out prior to live video. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks so much for your help Jeff. I was able to use your advice to convert my entire project to the correct aspect ratio for bluray burning. Now another problem has poped up when I hit burn. I get a message stating "either a menu thumbnail (menu caption) or the navigation buttons are overlapped. Please adjust them for this format." I have previewed my chapter buttons and see no overlapped buttions and all items are within the safe zone for display. I have no idea why I'm getting this message. I even hit the create and burn a disc without a menu, but still receive the above message and still cannot burn my bluray. Help again!!
Thank you so much. You have helped me solve my problem. I have been editing in 4:3 aspect ratio. I loaded the acquarium scene after changing my aspec ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 and all is well. It let me choose BRwith menus, my resolutions etc. So guess I will have to edit my whole project over now that I have changed my aspect ratio for future bluray projects. Sorry for the confusion in saying I couldn't edit in the produce mode as I also had my aspect ratio set incorrectly. I didn't think about the "creat disc" mode as being able to transcode my edited timeline for a bluray disc. I thought you had to do a produce after editing to create the proper transcoded format before creating a disc. Call me stupid, but I just didn't get the proper sequence needed to do blurays. Thanks so much for your help. This forum is great!!
I really appreciate your reply and think I'm getting close to solving this problem. I was trying to set my disc quality in the movie production section where bluray isn't even a choice. Anyway, I clicked on the wrench and the bluray disc choices can up in the "create disc" mode, but then I got an error message stating your movie is not made for wide screen. Then the default screen for HQ DVD comes back as the only choice for best quality at the 8.4 max size which is similiar to the other error message saying my project can not be used since it is at a 10.2gb size. Sorry my current version is 2105 and not 2107 as I had stated previously. Any other ideas on how to get around these 8.4 max burn issues?
funny you should ask. Yes, I went into a custom menu creation and choose both 1920x1080 and a 1080x720p resolutions to see if either would let me create a disc, but even on the custom design, it is as if the program only recognizes the DVD HQ level for the max size to burn a disc. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems there should be a BluRay setting to allow such a disc to be made.
Has anybody tried to make a bluray disc with PD ultra7? I have an edited timeline of 10.4 gb to put on a bd disc but PD7 will not let be burn it to a blank 25gb bluray disc. When I hit burn I get a message stating your project cannot exceed 8.4gb...please select a lower quality profile or shorten your movie duration. My burn screen stats show a blank disc in my bluray burner with 22gb of space available for my 10.4gb project but then the above error pops up and thats the end for now. Have upgraded to build 2107 via the latest patch, and run the editor on a dell precision 690 duo core 3ghz processor, nvidia quadro FX 1300, with a pioneer bdr 202 burner, 4gb ddr2 ram, 150gb 7200 rpm hard drive, with a Lacie 500gb external hard drive.
Go to: